ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burning smell, not sure what?

Corsa VXR
Right people, got a problem and have no clue where to start. The story starts as about a week or two ago my heating went, I diagnosed it as the resistor pack being faulty. I also removed the exhaust as it had a slight hole so got it welded. Today I put the exhaust back on and fitted the new resistor pack, everything seemed ok until about an hour ago.

I was driving home and got stuck at the train gates, sat there the stop and battery light came on, as I pulled away it started to flash then cleared, about 2 minutes later it came back on. Again I pulled in and popped the bonnet, I could smell a smokey/burning smell but not sure what from due to darkness. It smells like it's coming from down near the drivers headlight. I can't see anything I've done could affect this?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks Ash

Corsa VXR
What's it bumper off, radiator, headlight out then swap it? Can't see what else there is, if it's that much of a ball ache I'll pay someone else to do it. Order one tomorrow then check it out at the weekend. Cheers for the help

Corsa VXR
Spot on mate, cheers for that. Would have a word with Fred but can't really get it there and would have no motor for work :/ so it's down to me at the weekend really.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Good luck mate. Not sure if Fred does, but see if he has a car you can borrow for a day? Worth an ask mate :)

Corsa VXR
Renaut Southampton quoted 500 for alternator and fitting, might have to be a drive way job and have a go myself.