ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Re: My Ph1 172 track sl*g Progress Thread

Nice work as always burp :), keep using your guide as refrence lol, what belt have you used now that your just running the Alternator?

James

172 Race Car

One off another volvo, that didnt have pas. cant remember the size.

Will have to get a new one before it sees the road again i reckon

im running a 225x6 belt, same setup as jay.....think anything around that size is about right

172 Race Car

Ive let the cat out of the bag now in another thread.

Im getting a phase 2 dash for it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Just the one wiper always makes me think of 90's touring cars for some reason :D

475983935_0b586d77c7.jpg

Good work !!

:approve:

172 Race Car

Im not planning to have it park in the middle tho, would get on my tits.....

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Just read all this from the start..

I like your approach to tuning :cool:

Will keep an eye out for you if you go to combe next year?

172 Race Car

Not much to update as of today.

Atho this is news worthy.............

Had a call from a friend of mine today who works at a breakers. Ive been waiting for him to get a Clio in for about 2 months. Today he got one so I went down there and came back with this.....

IMAGE_207.jpg

Shame the lower section is grey, I could paint it but I'll prob get it flocked at some point, will wait till a new cage goes in just in case the cage goes through the dash.

M

mini-valver

Mint!!! Wiring cant be that hard either TBF. I Need that heater control panel too, without the AC button!

172 Race Car

No wiring needed. Im not using the switch panel above the radio and the fan switch is the same plug by the looks

M

mini-valver

Ahhhh! Clever boy :eek:

Ph2 looks miles better flocked too.

That PAS stuff, the VTS got towed while I was at work :(

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

oooooo this was something i was looking at doing. I was looking for a one without a headup display then getting it completly flocked.

which company did you use before as i remember you saying they werent very good?

carl

172 Race Car

Ahhhh! Clever boy :eek:

Ph2 looks miles better flocked too.

That PAS stuff, the VTS got towed while I was at work :(
f**k! ah well, guess i'll have to trudge down to the breakers again

oooooo this was something i was looking at doing. I was looking for a one without a headup display then getting it completly flocked.

which company did you use before as i remember you saying they werent very good?

carl
Sulfok flocking, wasnt that pleased with it compaired to other work ive seen. I may have been damaged in the post tho so i'll reserve judgement. But this one i will take to the flocker personaly.

Wont happen for ages yet. maybe even next winter

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

finally eh mate! cant wait to see all your little bits and bobs put together now

ITB'd 182...

Will look awesome when flocked Jay!

You changing your buckets?

Also what cage you fitting? 6 point SD?

172 Race Car

the seats are gone but as of yet im not sure what they will be replaced with.

Not sure on the cage yet either, will probably run without this year

172 Race Car

Had a few hours to spare this afternoon so my mate came around to help out. After we had cleared the car out of ll the junk/bits in it we made a start on getting the new dash in.

IMAGE_209.jpg

Now it wouldnt be very Burpspeed if I just fitted it as is would it.

So..................

We cut all this off.............

IMAGE_214.jpg

And were left with this.....

IMAGE_213.jpg

3 peice dash, Left, Right and Top.

While my mate was busy with the dremel I started to sort out the little bit of wiring that I need to do to relocate some of the switches I originaly had in the heater panel.

First I added some wires into the new heater panel for the illumination.

IMAGE_217.jpg

Im going to put my alarm led in the small hole where the re-circ button goes.

I fitted the small right hand section of dash and relocated my starter button to here.

IMAGE_215.jpg

IMAGE_216.jpg

It looks good but there has been a change of plan already so watch this space.

While we were hacking the dash about we found this in the glovebox!!!!!!!!

IMAGE_210.jpg

Nasty!!!

Got the rest of the dash loosly in but the light was fading and i couldnt take any pics. Will finalise the heater panel and wiring I need to move before bolting it in fully.

Some other stuff ive bought recently

Wheel stud conversion kit.

IMAGE_223.jpg

A 'proper' FIA spec cut off switch.

IMAGE_224.jpg

And some fancy switches.

IMAGE_225.jpg

Nothing much more to update, waiting on some more stuff and somemore free time when its light out to crack on with it. Got loads to do.

BMW M5 & E36

Looking good Jay, can't wait to read more. I need more enthusiasm for mine!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

oooo fancy switches, where are they from?

whats the wires for that you have put into the heat panel, just LED?

coming along well now this mate

ill probs be sending you pm's regarding fitting the ph2 dash with whats involved etc, ive had my ph1 dash out for ages now just havnt had time to try & fit a ph2 ill let you test the water lol. If you change the lower part of the dash for the darker spec type, are you going to be cutting it like this one? was there a main reason why you cut it?

172 Race Car

I wont be able to help much. The dash screws into a diferent place around the steering coloumn and the clocks mount differently. Some holes need to be drilled so you can screw the phase 1 clocks to the dash.

As for doing a complete conversion (which i take it is what your after) then I cant help. Im not using any of the phase 2 dash switches only the heater controls. the cables just clip on.

If you need to ask why ive cut the dash then you havent been paying attention to the rest of the cars progress..........;)

oppps my bad ive forgotten :eek:

i think its just going to be a case of trial and error really, and using the plugs from the ph2 for the hazards etc, but yeah im doing the complete conversion...hopefully

172 Race Car

Spent most of the day getting cold and not getting very far. Managed to achive something in the end but spent most of my time doing trial and error.

First I finished the heater panel with the alarm led in the recirc button hole. Wired it all in so the illumination is working.

IMAGE_228.jpg

Then relocated the start button to the handbrake cover. Im guessing it will be easier to reach here, if strapped in tight, than it would be on the dash.

IMAGE_229.jpg

While I was ripping the dash out of the donor at the breakers, I took the airbag ecu/diagnostic socket braket too. Originaly my socket was just hanging off the loom.

I cut the bracket to shape.

IMAGE_227.jpg

And fitted to the underside of the glove box, out of the way but nice and easy to access and secure when needed

IMAGE_230.jpg

I fitted an auxilary power socket to the rear ages ago so i could run my camera and tyre compressor. It was a bit of a bodge so I got hold of a really nice socket to replace it.

From this......

IMAGE_233.jpg

To this........

IMAGE_235.jpg

Much better.

Trial fitted the rest of the dash then spent ages fiddling with layouts for the switches etc.

IMAGE_236.jpg

then decided to fit a panel here......

IMAGE_237.jpg

Doesnt look like ive got much done but it was a good 4 hours work. Mostly tidying stuff up behind the dash and trying some ideas out.

I now have a better idea on how its gonna look and be layed out.