ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

jesus... what a build, huge respect your way guys.

met tony at oulton on rs day, he shouldnt smoke it will spoil his youthful skin!!

thats gonna upset some bigger boys next year i can tell ya that :D

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Good work guys, Its looking to be the real deal ;) Sure your gonna have plenty of fun! Keep up the good work

James

Stunning build gents, lots of time and effort and look forward to hearing some race stories/accounts.

ValverInBits
When will the thermostat ever close while running?
It's mechanical proportional control. So it will sit just a little open to keep you just at the right temperature. I can't see the benefits of ditching as I don't think they are a major reliability weakness. When they go, they always always fail open (excess cooling), it's fail-safe design.

Anyways, just had another flick through the project, really good stuff. I'd love to do something race-orientated myself. :D keep it up

182cup & 172 racecar
Wow thats a busy race calendar!

Hopefully I'll be able to go to quite a few of them too as your official photographer! ;) ;)

And would the ring be using the north or south loop?

We will be missing a few of those next year due to baby's arriving and pre booked holidays.

Spa and the Ring due to cost IR.

182cup & 172 racecar
It's mechanical proportional control. So it will sit just a little open to keep you just at the right temperature. I can't see the benefits of ditching as I don't think they are a major reliability weakness. When they go, they always always fail open (excess cooling), it's fail-safe design.

Anyways, just had another flick through the project, really good stuff. I'd love to do something race-orientated myself. :D keep it up

All this will be checked with mapping on RR,if its not right then it will be changed simple as that.

172 Race Car
Look what you have all done!

Monthly bandwidth exceeded for Photobucket. No more pics till the end of the month

172 Race Car
was advised to do it by a very well known tuning company who have experiance of Renaultsport Clio's.

no need to be funny about it.

172 Race Car
Gaz; pics wont work coz of the massive amount of people trying to view them here & on the website has used up all the bandwidth.

Dan; dont make it go faster or more reliable so no

Jord; How?

Renaultsport 220T
Just spent the last hour reading this thread. Sounds amazing. Can't wait to see all the pics though. Will be good to see the ol' boy out racing again next year. ;)

Congrats on passing ur ards, and good luck for next year.

:)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Congrats on the license. Did you find it quite simple?

The saftey gear costs as much as the car. lol

172 Race Car
Yea the test is really straight forward but costs a fortune. Problem was id never driven Brands before or driven a 230 Megane, it was damp and greasy and the other cars on track were Radicals and Caterhams. Everytime I looked in my mirrors there was a car there.

I just wanted to get through it so just concentrated on being smooth and getting the lines right (I was driving quite slow) the last thing I wanted was to spin, go off or run wide over the kerbs, instant fail!

As we were coming back down the pitlane the instructor said that I was safe but really, really needed to work on my speed. I was driving Miss Daisy. But I got through it and thats the main thing.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats on passing mate! Is the license a one off thing or does it need to be 'renewed' every so often? Can't wait for more progress!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I was hoping they got rid of the R26 and you could use the M3's.lol As long as you passed it doesn't matter. I guess they don't exactly require you to go fast but look for safe driving instead.

Have you got the details for who rebuilt your box? Mine may need new bearings so may aswell do it now.

Congratulations on the ARDS mate, Tony i was joking about the cup splitter although im not sure it was perceived that way.

You have both made such a massive amount of progress its almost unbelievable.

I wish you both the best of luck for your upcoming first year in this series.

Look forward to having a look when its all done chaps.