ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 182

Megane 230 F1
Hi guys - firstly, you lot are great, these forums are a mine-field of information in a good way.

I've currently got a 1.2 16v Extreme '04 and am going to be purchasing a 182 in the next month. My budget is about £5,500. From reading the forums I've managed to put together a good list of things to check when I see one but I'd just like to clarify the service intervals (there's some conflicting views).

Next week i'm test driving http://www.lodgedirect.co.uk/vehicle-details.asp?RSpage=3&ID=789655

So it's a '54 plate 182 with no sign of Cup packs. I've never seen those chequers down the side before on a 182, so these are a possible owner addition?
I'm getting some details from the dealer later - but from what I gather from the forums I should expect the following services:
- Every 12k or 1 yr (so should have 3 or 4 services by now?)

Should I expect the CAM/AUX belts to be changed - most of the FAQs say 5yr/72k for CAM and 36k for Aux (I guess that's five years too).. If they haven't been changed should the dealer offer a slight reduction to cover cost?

Thanks guys, -Jim.

Ps - Sorry for bumping the Clio 200 from the top.

Megane 230 F1
Thanks - I did have a good read of that yesterday.. as the car is listed as 30,000miles and it's a '54 I'm guessing it won't have had either the CAM or AUX belts check.

That thread def needs pinning.

I think you could do a lot better for the same money tbh mate. The cup packs really make a difference to the car, especially the suspension one so well worth finding one with it on, unless you intend to start tinkering straight away with collies and what not in which case without will keep initial cost lower.

Megane 230 F1
Thanks guys.. yeah, the stickers are a bit eugh. Would be great to get a one with the Cup pack for that price but they seem rare as anything.

182 FF
A tad expensive IMO,

Should be able to source one with all the Cup packs for that amount.

Have you checked pistonheads

Megane 230 F1
Guys - thanks for the all advice. One quick question - the radio/CD in the 182, does it have a stalk/steering-wheel control.

I have fitted a Pioneer into my current Clio and bought an adaptor so it makes use of the dash-display and the steering-wheel controls, ideally I'd like to do the same again.

Artic Blue 182 FF
You can have mine if you want :p £5.5k, 49k, just changed serviced, belts done, Artic blue FF, cup pack, Trophy wheels, Lowered 40mm? All the usual jazz.
What do you say ;)?

ValverInBits
check underneath, check the driveshaft CV boots to see if they've split and sent grease flying everywhere

throughly check the climate control warms and cools

Megane 230 F1
MarkOne - thanks for the tips.. I'll add them to my checklist.

You can have mine if you want :p £5.5k, 49k, just changed serviced, belts done, Artic blue FF, cup pack, Trophy wheels, Lowered 40mm? All the usual jazz.
What do you say ;)?

Oh now there's a challenge! - I've just made enquiries about the following:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/865504.htm

Can you post up some photos (I know they all look the same, but thats not the point is it ;-) ) - It's very tempting...

Artic Blue 182 FF
Splitters off now though, would replace it with a tidy one before its sold.

jon1-1.gif

2.gif

Mini Cooper S sport
Guys - thanks for the all advice. One quick question - the radio/CD in the 182, does it have a stalk/steering-wheel control.

I have fitted a Pioneer into my current Clio and bought an adaptor so it makes use of the dash-display and the steering-wheel controls, ideally I'd like to do the same again.

Yes it does have stalk/steering wheel controls, so you should be fine - if the adaptor works.

BG FF182
So that raises a good question - is it better to buy from a dealer or private?

Looking at those, the dealer prices are more expensive..
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=04

So to buy private I'd have to take car of my current car to get the cash (typical catch-22 I guess).

I recently bought my black gold 182 from a Renault garage, assuming that your average private sale car needs an MOT, service and road fund licence with in 6 months of the purchase date mine worked out cheaper than going private.
The garage I bought mine from were also more than happy to take in a part exchange and still deal on the price to!!!

200 Gordini
You'd be mad to take the Black gold and not have the arctic (if everything is as sweet as it looks!)

Megane 230 F1
Guys - This morning I took my first test drive in a 182.. and I was gob-smacked. Wow. I realise now why you love them so much and it's re-affirmed me buying one next week.

It felt very similar to my 1.2 Extreme around town, a little more lively of course. But out on the open road it shot along like a rocket - I now have a giant grin on my face.

Towzer - if you're selling, I'm buying ;-)

Artic Blue 182 FF
Guys - This morning I took my first test drive in a 182.. and I was gob-smacked. Wow. I realise now why you love them so much and it's re-affirmed me buying one next week.

It felt very similar to my 1.2 Extreme around town, a little more lively of course. But out on the open road it shot along like a rocket - I now have a giant grin on my face.

Towzer - if you're selling, I'm buying ;-)

Yes mate, you appropriate the car so much more when your coming from something that is 'poverty spec'. Lol, We'll you can decide if its the right clio for you when you come and view it :) Its not perfect, but its well looked after :)