ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying new desktop help

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi all,

Im looking to buy a new desktop but really dont have a much of a clue when it comes to these things!

Im after one that would be capable of running a HD movie if i was to download one and able to run the occasional game. I would want to be able to run the movie smoothly through a 40" samsung tv

Im on quite a tight budget so would like to do this as cheap as possible. Is it mainly the graphics card that determines whether or not the pc would be able to run HD smoothly? What kind of minimum spec would i need to do this, or even better, could anyone provide links to a desktop that would be suitable? Like i said though, im on a tight budget so the cheaper the better lol.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Scirocco GT 2.0
My parents purchased this PC last week and its pretty awesome for the money.. it has HDMI out and a drive capable of playing Blu-Rays and HD-DVDs it can also do the usual stuff like write/read DVDs (Dual Layer) and CDs.. 500GB HDD, the latest processor technology and 3GB of RAM..

After using it a few times and putting it through its paces over the last week (testing the latest flight simulator on it for example) i'd highly recommend it. It also has a SmartFan system so the fan is off/ticking over most of the time so its silent! it only kicks in when you have thrashed the machine for a couple of hours.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-2386.aspx

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
You're asking alot of a cheap-ass desktop tbh - however Dell E-Value code UKBSDONL-D084101 is a Dell Vostro 410 tower computer, with a Core2Quad processor for £230+shipping and VAT. You'll want a memory upgrade for it but that's about as cheap and as powerful as you can get nowadays.