ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying online

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
I have been thinking about upgrading to a Canon EOS7D or even the full frame 5Dmk11 and clearly you can save a lot online but you can save even more by buying from dealers operating from Hong Kong for instance. Does anyone have any experience or know of any drawbacks to buying from these outlets?
Also what are peeps opinions on the "C" size sensor over full frame.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Watch out/check for import tax. Can sting you quite heavily iirc.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
http://camerapricebuster.co.uk/

Personally would not buy a grey import. I got my 7D + USM lens from Jessops shop, matched to a silly price a website was doing ! The kid that served me told me it was cheaper than he could get on staff discount ! Still cheaper than the best price on ^there today and I bought it a year ago at least.

:approve:

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
What are you upgrading from out of interest?

There is a good website called Panamoz, they are a joint British & HK company and deliver from both sites, if they do deliver from HK, ALL import duties/costs are paid, what you see as the price on the website is the price you will pay, no risk of invoices from postal companies.

They also offer a 1 year collect & return warranty which means they will collect it by courier from you free of charge and return it for repair.

They currently have the 7D for £914 Body Only...

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/canon/canon-eos-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-only.html

Sorry can you expand, do you mean online or what and if so how?

Just the risk. I bought mine from a local camera shop. In the end the price difference wasn't that great. Especially considering that if my camera breaks, it's 10mins down the road.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd buy bodies from Jessops/local camera shop.

Jessops are usually competitive on bodies (UK ones at least)

If anything goes wrong you have somewhere to go

Megane RS 275 Trophy
If your a Canon guy then I would say buy you equipment from Kerso on TalkPhotgraphy, I've had a few Canon related items from him a great service with no hassle and cheaper than the shops.

If your a Canon guy then I would say buy you equipment from Kerso on TalkPhotgraphy, I've had a few Canon related items from him a great service with no hassle and cheaper than the shops.

This! Would only use Kerso or a reputable UK shop, Warehouse Express, Jessops, SRS Microsystems etc.

Purchased 3 lenses from him and had some warranty work done on one with no hassle.