ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Issue bleeding ABS

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Evening guys, Got an issue on my 197, I've had an ABS light for a while and the fault code via the RSTuner has been for "REAR LEFT HAND WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL", i stuck a sensor on it, no change so put rear discs and pads on it since they were due anyway, of course because its a 197 it snowballed into callipers, brake pipes, handbrake cables etc. - still no luck - fault code clears ok then as soon as I drive it comes back.

Ive just gone to do a full ABS bleed using the RSTuner and the right hand side of the car bleeds as normal with the pump running, but nothing at all on the left hand side of the car, no noise from the pump, no other fault codes either.

Any common places to check before I start pulling it all apart?! - I couldn't find anything online!

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Exact same issue I’ve got on my Laguna coupe, same fault code and previous owner changed the same bits you have. The limited information about it points to failed abs pump control module. I’ve not yet done anything about it because quite frankly I can’t be bothered. Hope that points you in the right direction.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Exact same issue I’ve got on my Laguna coupe, same fault code and previous owner changed the same bits you have. The limited information about it points to failed abs pump control module. I’ve not yet done anything about it because quite frankly I can’t be bothered. Hope that points you in the right direction.
i was fearing this was the case!! Cheers, im going to try and get a pump for it and will let you know!

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
i was fearing this was the case!! Cheers, im going to try and get a pump for it and will let you know!
Keep me in the loop as I will change mine if it solves the issue. It might need Clip to code it in but there seems to be conflicting information about it. People saying as long as it has the correct part numbers should be fine, other people say different.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Keep me in the loop as I will change mine if it solves the issue. It might need Clip to code it in but there seems to be conflicting information about it. People saying as long as it has the correct part numbers should be fine, other people say different.
Bought a random 200 abs pump from eBay for £20, swapped over, car took it with no issues, RStuner read the previous fault codes from the previous car, cleared ok.

Tried to bleed, same issue, nothing on the left hand side! Must be a wiring issue?!