ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt & aux belt

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Just bought a 182, the cam belt was done at 50K and aux belt I'm unsure, how often should these be done? Ive read every 72k for cam belt and every 32K for aux belt? Can someone help clear things up please :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
youve read correct it is 72k, but also at 5 years

so if its a 2004 and had the belt done at 50K miles in 2009 for example, its due again soon.

Clio 182+ Cup pack
How soon would you recommend? Its on 85K now... Should I have both done at the same time? And it was last done on 22.11.09 50, 266k

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Assuming you are keep it a while you may as well do it now as you are going to have to within the year anyway and its a real pain if it fails.

Mick at diamond in Nottingham comes very highly recommended, worth travelling to get the job done right.
even most main dealers seem to struggle to get it spot on and it can effect both power and economy if timed wrongly.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
At least he didn't turn up on my doorstep at 21.40 last night asking me to listen to an engine... door + shut

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
At least he didn't turn up on my doorstep at 21.40 last night asking me to listen to an engine... door + shut

Ha ha brilliant

OT worth taking your car to someone like Mick who knows these cars inside out, especially for the cambelt. Too many horror stories on here from local garages who haven't the proper locking tools etc