ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam belt change plus what?

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Hi all,

I’ve got a full fat 2005 182 with A/C, and I’m about to have the major service cam belt change.

At the same time I will refresh everything else, including:-

Dephaser pulley

Aux belt kit

Water pump

Crank pulley bolt

Crank seals

Cylinder head end plugs

Is there anything else worth changing while I have this work done?

dan's cast offs.
pass? am crap with forum names/real names but rings a bell.

sumop seal, chuck a set of arp rod bolts on while it's off and mod oil pressure relief valve as well.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I met him at a rolling road day, he said you did his belts. I just know him as Osspoops.

I’ve got a slight leak on the sump so good call.

My engine has only just passed 74’000 miles. Do you think it’ll need ARP bolts?

dan's cast offs.
ricky p is sound if he's local to you, drives a megane estate but you can't hold that against him, we all get to that stage in life when you give up and say 'oh that estate car looks nice and practical' ?

and yes, worth chucking the rod bolts on while sump is off, some people will say they don't suffer with bolts snapping but have seen 2 or 3 that have snapped.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
pass? am crap with forum names/real names but rings a bell.

sumop seal, chuck a set of arp rod bolts on while it's off and mod oil pressure relief valve as well.
and yes, worth chucking the rod bolts on while sump is off, some people will say they don't suffer with bolts snapping but have seen 2 or 3 that have snapped.

thanks for the info fellas ??

Yeah Ricky is just down the road from me

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Check to see if the cam cover needs resealing, its a job to do whilst belts are off

Land Rover
If you are taking the engine out, why not replace the clutch.
I had a new one in mine while the gearbox was off and the car is so much nicer to drive with a clutch pedal that doesn’t need two feet to press it.
And unless it’s been done before, a new aircon condenser and aircon service will get your climate control working better than it has for years.
The condenser is only £70 and as the bumper will be off anyway it makes sense to do it.
If yours still had the original condenser it will be well past it’s best by now, and if your aircon doesn’t work it’s the most likely place for leaks.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
If you are taking the engine out, why not replace the clutch.
I had a new one in mine while the gearbox was off and the car is so much nicer to drive with a clutch pedal that doesn’t need two feet to press it.
And unless it’s been done before, a new aircon condenser and aircon service will get your climate control working better than it has for years.
The condenser is only £70 and as the bumper will be off anyway it makes sense to do it.
If yours still had the original condenser it will be well past it’s best by now, and if your aircon doesn’t work it’s the most likely place for leaks.

Clutch is a good shout ??

I’ve looked through the service history and no sign of a new one, but the air condenser does seem to have been changed back in 2013.