ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt: How do you know if its been changed?

Arctic 182FF
Got my 1.2 ph2 dynamique, 2002 had done 79860 miles. Can't see any evidence of a cam belt change in the service history but I don't really know what I'm looking for as it's my first car. What would indicate if/when the cambelt had been done?

P.S. sorry for being a noob

Arctic 182FF
Ok, would it normally be in the service history or come with some document? Or even like a sticker in the engine bay or something to say that it'd been done?

Should be written in the service book if it has been done and there may be mileage it was done on written on the belt cover.

Arctic 182FF
Can't see anything in service book, will ask my dad to have a look at the engine as I have no idea where the belt cover is, thanks for the help

Clio 1.2 16V
All I had from mine was from the original receipt from the dealer that said the cambelt would be done (inc the other parts). Where did you get the car from? dealer or private?

Audi A3
you cant tell, but with yours being a 1.2 id imagine it to be a lot cheaper than a 1*2.

get it done for peace of mind at least.

Arctic 182FF
Emir, got it from a private seller, can't remember if he said it'd been done recently or at all.
Fletch, what is the difference between a 1.2 and a 1*2?
Looking at the service history it was all at the same renault garage so i'm going to ring them up and see if they have any record of a cambelt change

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Emir, got it from a private seller, can't remember if he said it'd been done recently or at all.
Fletch, what is the difference between a 1.2 and a 1*2?
Looking at the service history it was all at the same renault garage so i'm going to ring them up and see if they have any record of a cambelt change

1.2 is a 1.2 engine and a 1*2 is what peoople use on here instead of saying 172 or 182. the * replaces the 7 or 8 :)