ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt snapped on Sun. Heres the damage

F82 M4
Guys just reading this discussion i got a little worried, my Clio 2.0 has 61,000 km and i was thinking changing the belt soon will i get in trouble if i change it at 62,000 km?

Thanks

Better to be safe that sorry mate! However, 62,000km? Surely thats not that many miles...

None
Mine sort of started falling apart when driving about !05 kept driving it to get home as I was a long way off and was going about 60 before it fully snapped and the engine went all pete tong. Cost is immense so ended up getting a new car

LOL!!!
you knew about it and carried on?

did you not realise how much damage they cause when they snap?

I didnt know it was the cambelt causing the trouble at the time as car only done about 20-25k from the last cambelt change. I was also about 50 miles from home. Got it down to about 5/6 miles before it went so cheaper recovery charges I suppose lol

clio 172 phase 1
Surely its time for that valver to goto the scrapyard in the sky?

Your mad for spending £600 on it. Fair play.

why? the body work is mint and there is nothing wrong with it chasis wise! infact it's one of the best vlavers i've seen for a while! just because the cambelt has snappted you have to scrap the car??? idiot!:mad:

F82 M4
Surely its time for that valver to goto the scrapyard in the sky?

Your mad for spending £600 on it. Fair play.

why? the body work is mint and there is nothing wrong with it chasis wise! infact it's one of the best vlavers i've seen for a while! just because the cambelt has snappted you have to scrap the car??? idiot!:mad:

haha, perfectly put iain ;) Well said m8

clio 172 phase 1
hahaha thanks m8 :) jst carnt wait till you get yours back and have your chip and airfilter it will be luvly:rasp: ioh try find me sum pics of that certain valver with white williams wheels :)

F82 M4
I'd have got a williams engine for the money & had that fitted tbh.

I could not buy a willy engine, ecu etc and fit it for that price. Also, if i did find a willy engine for £400 i would have to make sure thats decent and spend some money with new gasket, cambelt etc

clio 172 phase 1
dave1 i was the one in the blue valver chasing you lol it was an old camera which used tape + i dnt know how to transfer it to my pc + there are a few things i wouldnt like ppl to see :eek:

F82 M4
dave1 i was the one in the blue valver chasing you lol it was an old camera which used tape + i dnt know how to transfer it to my pc + there are a few things i wouldnt like ppl to see :eek:

haha, lol. I can record it onto DVD m8, come round 2moz cuz i want a copy for myself!

M

mini-valver

Thought it was! Looked mint, class plate, lol. Havent quite got the power as you :( Thought the little beast did ok though!

Stu......video. lol
Any recent news on the motor?

Will sort it out 2moz for ya m8! Cars doing fine at mo, got all my bits coming this weekend, should be back on the road next friday! Got some bodywork getting done to, some scruff repairs :)

Nice one, could pop round to pick it up if you dont mind?

clio 172 phase 1
Thought it was! Looked mint, class plate, lol. Havent quite got the power as you :( Thought the little beast did ok though!

Stu......video. lol
Any recent news on the motor?

Will sort it out 2moz for ya m8! Cars doing fine at mo, got all my bits coming this weekend, should be back on the road next friday! Got some bodywork getting done to, some scruff repairs :)

Nice one, could pop round to pick it up if you dont mind?

hahaha i brought it for the plate lol jst kiddin yeah ur motor didnt do too bad m8 altho as i found out 2day my car was no where nr as quick as it is nw :) but really impressed with ur clio dave

M

mini-valver

What you done to it??
Stu, yeah i am. Might be late one too but text me let me know and il come up to you....

M

mini-valver

Must of been a good month if you can replace the top end of an engine and spend the whole weekend getting mullered!

M

mini-valver

Lol, thought you were older than that.... meh.
Couldnt be doing with office work, itd bore me sensless!

M

mini-valver

Good stuff! Anyways mate, drop me a text tommorrow and ill pop up!