ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t get bonnet to open!

Clio sport 182 RB
I recently changed my alternator and now I can’t get my bonnet to open! Any tips to get it to open?

thanks

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
When you pull the handle ask someone to gently press the bonnet at the same. See if that gets it open.

Clio sport 182 RB
I’ve tried that and it’s not working. I can get my fingers in to pull the lever too but still isn’t opening

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'd try just lifting it up and down whilst someone holds the lever up.

Sounds like it's just stuck.

The latch you pull is just a secondary latch, so won't have any effect on the primary mechanism.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I snapped my release cable, you can just about get to the release mechanism through the grille area if you remove the bumper which is possible without the bonnet up. May not seem it but with a bit of patience it will work.

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
Pull the release handle and at the same time have someone pull the bonnet. If that don't work.

Un clip the cable from the release handle and pull it using pliers while at the same time someone pull on the bonnet. If that don't work.

Remove the bumper n grill.