ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can the clio 200 be a grower

MKIII 138
a grower ?

Renault-Clio_RS_2010_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

after all the dodgy shots, i think actually this might actually grow on me. its no 197 though

wonder what it would look like with the black sprayed silver ? surley a good mod to do

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Renault-Clio_RS_2010_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

colour ? i like it, with black wheels, lowered and spaced with a cage it would be mean as fook
I think a 197cup in alien green would look fantastic. The 200 looks like the special needs offspring of the Rsport range. No idea how they dropped the ball so badly.

Clio MK 4
at the moment i hate the front with a passion. looks so bad where as i love the 197.
I think its cause it doesnt have a grill

I loved it at first but quickly went off it. I actually really like the stepped headlamp line that people complain about. I just don't like the face at all. It looks like some half whitted gimp trying to smile. The 197 looked like it wanted a fight.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
When the 182 came out I didn't like it, when the R26 came out I didn't like it and when the 197 came out I didn't like that either - all of which I now think look great.

Think I will reserve my initial impressions for a while.

P.s Hi Gaz.

320d
I like it. The only thing i'd do it colour code the black bit on the front bumper. Maybe this will be a Renault ID option. If not i'd go aftermarket.

I love Alien Green aswell. It looks realy good apart from the black on the front imo.

However is it 197 good? No, but i'll re judge when I see one in the flesh.

Renaultsport 200
I honestly think this car, from the front, could be the ugliest hatch ive seen.

If I was to change my 197 anytime in the future, it would be for a FF 182 with Cup Packs or a Trophy.

Its sh1t!

"Clio 200 - The 197 with a broken nose and a Sat Nav"

200 Gordini
The front lets it down... hugely!

It doesnt 'flow' like the 197 i.e the front grille to the lights to the curves on the panels on the 197 all join up and look aggresive but the 200 just doesn't.

Also the bit where the number plate will be sticks out a bit too much.

I like the wheels, spoiler, tailpipes etc but the front is a no go.

The answer to the OP is no i really dont think it will grow on me. I know i'd be getting a 197 over the 200 Fo' Sho' (new meg ftw)

disaster! absolute disaster! what are renault designers playing at? looks like they let the work experience guy free with some advanced design tools...result=disaster lol. think the green colour is hidious as well. wheels look sh*te as well. and i thought the french had a flare for design lol ;)

Glanza V
as said the green looks mint but the front end spoils it why fix sumit thats not broken! as iv said time after time i think they were trying to re-birth the looks of the ph1 with the no grill thing. we shall see when people on here start to get theres, and post them up then i shall pass judgment. i hated the 197 now i love it so much im gettin 1 so we shall see with the 200.....

C63 AMG
Does it perform well? Does it return better MPG? Will it not suffer kangerooing? If it does it still won't matter: it's a hideous car, a step in the right direction if the right direction is backwards and slightly to the left.

I agree with warren's comment, looks special needs can't see it growing on me. The 197 front end looks far too good compared to that

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Absolutely terrible. I'd love to meet the person that gave this the go ahead and give them a slap, then ask them what the hell they were thinking.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Could somebody please photoshop the front bumper so it's colour coded? It won't save it, but I can't see it looking worse for it. I can't afford either, but I'd gor the 197 over the 200 if I could; an Alien Green 197 would be excellent.