ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the highest's price paid for a Clio 200?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Anyone know what the list price for a 200 Cup was?
Extra points for AG and Recaro options price.

MAXRUNDOWN

ClioSport Club Member
That's lovely, I definitely wouldn't pay that for it though. I must have read the EVO back to back test with the Peugeot Sport 208 GTi 100 times when I was away at sea, then bought the 208 as soon as I got back, cracking car, wish I had kept it tbh..
IMG_20180903_131413.jpg
IMG_20180903_131351.jpg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that’s heading for stupid money now, it’ll sit in a collection somewhere for years.

It’s got all the provenance to be a collector car though, ex-heritage fleet, still on the same plate, featured on TG.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Yeah that’s heading for stupid money now, it’ll sit in a collection somewhere for years.

It’s got all the provenance to be a collector car though, ex-heritage fleet, still on the same plate, featured on TG.

I rewatched the Top Gear. Not sure it comes out that well. Not sure if its because Captain Slow driving. Or its lack of Torque. Seems to get criticized for that. I would happily have it over those other cars although may be different against a 2017/8 Fiesta ST200 or Mk8 Fiesta ST or 208 GT by PS. Which its easily priced over now.

Early Road Test stuff also featured an 09 plate AG car. The infamous can a Clio keep up with a Focus RS test that Autocar did was the 09 plate car.

When you look at MOT's seems to have done alot of miles before first MOT. 20k. Thats not all road tests. not sue if it was a long term test car in any mag??

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Although another thought is if you look at that recent Tolman 205 GTI for £100k. Rebuilt with 200 bhp,

The 182 & 200 are exactly what they are trying to restomod the 205 GTI albeit with a little (172,182) or lot (197,200) more weight.

Compared to that Clio's look a bargain.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
It's at about 19k now, ending at about half 7 this evening.
Wonder if it'll break 20k

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yaris all day over the 200 at that money.

Having owned a plethora of hot hatches, the 200 i had (and only owned for 3 months) was the most average of the lot (and most expensive to run).

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I love the look of the Clio & AG a great colour. I was tempted but out at £15k. Glad it went for higher & not £15.5 though.

But agreed Yaris or even FK8 if you want something bigger.

Sticking in the Renault stable that's nice R26R or 275 Trophy-R money.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get it, who's buying that, for that price?

you wouldn't want to drive it to risk putting miles on it,
you would need to keep it 30 years to actually see a return on it, at which point your only profit will have been pissed away in gearbox rebuilds, swivel hubs, exhaust manifold flexis and belt changes.....

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

you would need to keep it 30 years to actually see a return on it, at which point your only profit will have been pissed away in gearbox rebuilds, swivel hubs, exhaust manifold flexis and belt changes.....

I still shudder when i think of the money i put into mine in the short time i owned it. I actually seen it for sale again weeks later😵‍💫

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Will just be part of someone's collection no doubt

It won't be someones only car or a second car.

Will likely do no miles just got to shows if it does.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

30k is pocket change for most of these car collectors nowadays.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I think that’s a fair price, I think as experts in Clio sports, we can all agree that if it was in red it would easily be worth an extra 10k more.

None yet
Early Road Test stuff also featured an 09 plate AG car. The infamous can a Clio keep up with a Focus RS test that Autocar did was the 09 plate car.
That car was on the forum a few years back https://cliosport.net/threads/alien-green-200-cup-kermit.742252/ . Poor chap got stick because it would have been hammered by every journalist under the sun! That plate doesn't sit on the car anymore or the car is dead according to MOT check

Some of the people asking questions come across as complete keyboard nonces
Which questions, asking for a friend............

Oh, and I had a great conversation with the seller and was in the bidding at the end, so stand by the questions I asked!