ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cancelling new car order

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
So I've placed an order for a new car, however if I'm right in thinking the said car will take near on 3 months to come soo....

I'm considering asking about an already built ST the same dealer has. I've paid a £500 deposit however for them to place the build order for my car.

How likely is it they will just let me have the already built ST that's up for sale? Placed my order 2 weeks ago today

Im asking on here first before I consider it as I feel the most awkward customer ever :eek:

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Buy the other car off me instead? Which car is it? PM me if you like.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I see your south east, which dealership is it?
im assuming a Ford dealership going by the chosen car.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
It's the same group as I work for. He needs to discuss with the salesman and he will run it by the manager. Different people will see it as a positive, others not but a new car might work out cheaper though.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
If the order is cancelable you'll be fine, if not they make be shirty with you as they'll now need to flog it no matter what to someone else.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I did this.

Spirit Blue ordered, wait was killing me, so they let me cancel and take their Molten Orange demonstrator they had coming through instead.

They didn't have even the slightest issue with it. I went in one day with my original order, it was signed by both sides as cancelled, and a new order was placed.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
It's the same group as I work for. He needs to discuss with the salesman and he will run it by the manager. Different people will see it as a positive, others not but a new car might work out cheaper though.

I only asked as I have a mate who is a car salesman at Dinnages.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Buy the other car off me instead? Which car is it? PM me if you like.

I would feel a little bit bad on Rob! Lol. although he would probably be pleased to get rid of me haha.

I did this.

Spirit Blue ordered, wait was killing me, so they let me cancel and take their Molten Orange demonstrator they had coming through instead.

They didn't have even the slightest issue with it. I went in one day with my original order, it was signed by both sides as cancelled, and a new order was placed.

Good to know Mark, there is hope for me then!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Just ask mate. Being it to their attention you're considering a demo instead. I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. Only jesting about buying from me. Rob's done the hard work.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member

I had a word and they said It would be fine however It was £44 more a month for a used car so I'm sticking with it the new one on order. Roll on november :dapprove:

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I had a word and they said It would be fine however It was £44 more a month for a used car so I'm sticking with it the new one on order. Roll on november :dapprove:
I did wonder if this would be the case due to higher GMFV, low rate finance and deposit allowance.