ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car detailing/Paint repair DIY help?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I've never ever done anything like it before as i'm scared of doing more damage!

I have 3 bits of damage on my car, and I have no idea what best way to tackle them?

Here is pics of the 3 pieces of damage in question, all slightly different from each other:

IMG_0481.gif

This was done by myself with a key (I wasn't keying my car on purpose I tried opening the door with my hands full and had the keys in my hand! wasn't happy. Its not extremely deep but is now white rather than the colour its meant to be (SEAT Ibiza - Lunar Grey)

IMG_0472.gif

This was done with a suitcase wheel when getting it out of the boot at the airport and finding my girlfriend had packed some bricks! Wasn't happy. These are just light scuffs

IMG_0304.gif

I have no idea where this 1 came from as you can see it has gone through the paint to the whatever it is, plastic I guess and the plastic itself has some bits missing out of it too.

How would people suggest I tackle each of these issues as I haven't got a clue what to use or how to go about it.

Thanks,

Matt

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
The 1st 2 may possibly be able to be removed/hidden with a little bit of wet sanding and polishing up with a machine polisher, 3rd pic will definitely need paint and for the best results it'd probably be a full bumper respray.

987 Boxster S
For the one on the front buy some touch-up paint and gradually build up the layers. Then sand smooth with some very fine sandpaper. Then polish with a cutting compound. It won't be perfect but it is the closest you will get doing it DIY.