ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car keeps revvving at 5000rpm!! Help

182 ff
Basically started the car last night and boom shoots upto 5000 rpm no Mil codes and doesn't go down atal? Any tips would be helpful

Clio PH2 K4M
Sounds like a vaccum leak, check your hoses, and listen for a hissing sound near the intake mani or the throttle body. let me know your findings

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Have you taken off the top manifold recently? If it's not set correctly it'll be air getting in

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You've trapped a lead between the upper manifold and the cam cover. Or you've left off one of the vacuum hoses

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah you've not sat it flush. As above something will be stopping it sitting flat

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yep. Mine did it too. Best to get it sorted as the lead will be getting fouled too

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There's also a washer/grommet that sits under the inlet manifold Isn't there?

I'm sure I left it off once when replacing the inlets and this is what happened.

182 ff
Thanks for the help guys! Lead was trapped. There is a egg shapped seal and a small hole and this is a 182 but all sorted now