ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car lacking power when high rev

clio si
Hi,

I have a clio si 1.6 (1999 model) and when i put my foot down the car seems to hold back on the power, its now impossible to over rev the car im hopeing it could be just the catalyic converter but any ideas ?

clio si
Well it seems to not like putting my foot down while driving but will drive fine low revs and while idleing and rev`in the engine it seems to rev fine.

clio si
its not clutch it was done for the mot :( and it only does it when im moving and trying to get more speed, i can put my foot flat too the floor and it gets worse, if i just put a little power on while driving its drivable and seems theres still nothing wrong with reving the car when its stood still absolute no holding back with revs then.

ive put in the wanted that i need a new dcat, hopefully this will sort it, if not im selling the car :/ just cant afford to keep spending and spending and would sooner let someone know what there doing sort it heh

M

mini-valver

Clean the throttle body? Does it do it from cold or only when it gets warm?

Im having the same sort of problem..got it on the diagnostic machine and it says my
o2 sensor before the cat is knackered.

renault clio c.sport 1.2
recently..

i will punch the throttle down hard either from stand still,or going a long at any speed..and nothing at all will happen...and then,bang! the throttle will kick in..like a turbos just kicked in or somthing and it will push quickly foward like its got a delayed reaction-like its got turbo lag or somthing....its onli a 1.2 16v..but i dnt no wat it is...and neither do renault..
HELP!!!!