ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not jacking square

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I've noticed that when jacking the Clio up it doesn't go up level. As I can take two weeks off the ground if I jack it from one front corner and only one wheel when jacking from the other front.
I've just put the car on axel stands, ground is level and the rear is not level, I can get one stand in and not the other. Is this normal? Or is my car bent? Doesn't say on the log book it has been a write off or there is no evidence of crash damage

So, when you jack the heavier drivers side, the pass goes up with it.

When you lift the lighter pass side, the heavy side is held down?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
The drive is flat....its been raining and the water hasn't shifted, not puddled just a layer of water and I have been led in it, so I know that it's flat!

I don't think the car is bent haha, but it is as if the one side is lower! I've not noticed it before on any car I have jacked over the years.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Have you tried measuring the gap between the sill and the ground? That'll give you an idea if it is lower. Most cars seem to sit a bit lower on the drivers side tbh, at least FWD anyway.

Oh yeah, wtf does 'led in it' mean?!?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Certain bmws of old were higher unladen(ie without driver) in order to compensate when a driver was in the car, thus the car would be slightly higher on one side.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I always get this with cars thought it was normal, if the car looks the same when its on the ground I wouldn't worry