ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car randomly cutting out help please

Hi guys,

This morning on the way to work my car decided to play some random cutting out tricks on me, I stopped to give way to a car and my car randomly cut out when idling, the only light what came on was the orange wriggly line underneath the fuel light, it started again no problem but then cut out again, orange light lit up again, started it again and all was fine, I then stopped to go to the shop and when I started my cad again the orange light stayed on, I pulled away and it would not rev it was very hesitant like it was in limp mode, stopped the car restarted and the light went out and it's now all well again

Anyone shed some light on what it could be cos I'm guessing this problem will be back

Thanks
Dean

N

njh_89

Ive got the same fing happening to me ive changed both lambda sensors and coilpack which ant cured it and ive cleaned the throttle body n made sure that was workin. Ive had my car since january n drove it for a week! If u do have any look fixing it plz let me no. Thanks. Good look.

From reading a few threads on here each one points to the TB or the wiring around it, ill see how it goes and if the fault come back

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Knock/pinking sensor! Mine done this a few times and also high rpm in 4th gear! Replaced and now fine :) £27ish from Renault mate

Ok so the problem is back after a few weeks of been fine :( however now the emission light has come on and its staying on, the electricial sign i believe (orange wriggly line) sometimes stays on or goes out when i restart the car

Any help guys from all you clio gurus?

Im getting it plugged into an rstuner tonight hopefully, i havent changed anything since it last came on it just went away for 2 weeks and now its back, the electrical light is not on no more so it revs fine but the emission light has stayed on, i also cleaned the TB today and its not really helped at all, in fact cleaning it seems to have made my car rev on idle up to about 2000rpm when the clutch is pressed :(

Last edited:
  Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Yeah with any luck!! I'm taking this one to see mick at diamond ASAP so he can diagnose as I'm running outta ideas tbh lol!!

Had my car plugged into an rstuner and it came up with the following, i dont what know was stored on the ecu before hand but it came up with 4 stored faults and 1 present fault, the car now seems to be a little heavier on fuel and the trip computer is all over the place with readings

1) MAP sensor
2) Throttle pedal position track input 2
3) Brake information fault
4) Electronic throttle control limits acquired (not at fault) (this is the present fault)
5) Voltage regulator 1

Help me out guys

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
1 and 5 would be the only ones to concern me. 5 sounds like your alternator is on it's way out, 1 may be a stored code from unplugged sensor. Worth clearing down codes, check all is plugged in, drive it for a bit then check for codes

1 and 5 would be the only ones to concern me. 5 sounds like your alternator is on it's way out, 1 may be a stored code from unplugged sensor. Worth clearing down codes, check all is plugged in, drive it for a bit then check for codes

Alternator one doesnt sounds good at all :( i cleared all the codes the other night and all is fine again no lights present, could codes still be stored even if no lights are on?

Just plugged my car back into the rstuner, only 1 code now stored which is Electronic throttle control limits acquired (not at fault)

Could this be a dodgy TB?