ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing Rear Pads 182

VX220 lightning
Hi, I was wondering if I need a special part to wind back the calipers on the rear breaks?

If I can do it myself, can someone talk me through it

I just used a screwdriver across the pistons and turned them and pushed in at the same time. Seemed to work ok lol.

VX220 lightning
works a treat.. although the PR**K who changed my tyres put on one of the bolts too tight and I broke the bolt undoer (not sure what its called).

VX220 lightning
lol... thats the one!.. should be getting another under warrenty though... Just said to the people at renault "Im not a big lad, and if i can do this, it clearly isnt strong enough... What if this happened in the middle of nowhere" (he didnt clock that 182's dont have a spare wheel)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
100% easier with a wind back tool. obviously the clio's rear brakes are that weedy you can push them back with a screwdriver.

100% easier with a wind back tool. obviously the clio's rear brakes are that weedy you can push them back with a screwdriver.

Well, it was so easy to wind it back with a screwdriver I actually considered letting my cat do it, and I go for a piss, so you are a tool if you spend £20 on a tool.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Clio's may be easy enough, however, if you have a grown up's car, you might need a bit of extra help.

BMW 320d SE
I've always used a screwdriver with a square section bar and it's always doen the job just fine. The rear calipers are the same as those on my old 306 and I changed them numerous times.

Clio's may be easy enough, however, if you have a grown up's car, you might need a bit of extra help.

A grown up's car? :D Calm down sweetie just because you drive a 5-door shed, there's no need to get grumpy.

Most cars are easy peasy to wind back in.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
£20 is hardly going to break the bank, and if it makes it easier, then whats the problem?

£20 is hardly going to break the bank, and if it makes it easier, then whats the problem?

Have you ever got those hands of yours dirty and changed the rear pads? You can actually do it with your hands if you wish, a screwdriver just makes it easier to wind. It would be more hassle to drive the 15 miles to the nearest motor factors and buy the tool.

£20 is nothing I agree, but there's no point spending it for no point. I'd rather give it to you for a lap dance. ;)

VX220 lightning

Have you ever got those hands of yours dirty and changed the rear pads? You can actually do it with your hands if you wish, a screwdriver just makes it easier to wind. It would be more hassle to drive the 15 miles to the nearest motor factors and buy the tool.

£20 is nothing I agree, but there's no point spending it for no point. I'd rather give it to you for a lap dance. ;)

2nded