ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Top Engine Mount on a 172??

Morning,

I've recently changed the bushes in my dog bone mount and also replaced the mount under the battery but am still getting the engine banging and also vibrating heavily under hard acceleration in first gear. Next will be to change the engine mount on the top left of the engine. Is this hard to do - can anyone give me a quick run through of how to do it? Also, any other ideas what's causing this banging and vibrating??

Cheers!!

Clio MkII 172 K reg
quickly:
Realese 4 bolts that hold the mount itself + center bolt. Put jack under the engine oil sump and jack it until all the weight of the engine come on the jack. realese 3 bolts on part number 14 in the picture. Replace the mount and do all again at the reverse order.

Lior
pic.php

quickly:
Realese 4 bolts that hold the mount itself + center bolt. Put jack under the engine oil sump and jack it until all the weight of the engine come on the jack. realese 3 bolts on part number 14 in the picture. Replace the mount and do all again at the reverse order.

Lior
pic.php

You missed out the bit where you have to fix all the damage caused when jack goes through the sump... :p

Mk2 172
quickly:

Liorhttp://www.smebo.co.uk/ims/pic.php?u=80mMlZT&i=3377

You missed out the bit where you have to fix all the damage caused when jack goes through the sump... :p

HE HE HE :D

Ok cheers, don't worry I'll use a block of wood on the jack!! Do you think this is the likely cause of the knocking/vibration, I'm running out of things to replace (I hope anyway!!). Does anyone have a part number to hand and cost?

Thanks!!

RS RIP
do a search on mounts; couple o days ago someone mentioned part numbers so in the search will almost be top of the list

Clio MkII 172 K reg
As he asked, I wrote instructions. I sure that he know that need to paut something between the jack and sump.

Also remove the battery and check the mount under it. It may be good but with realesed bolts (I have it).

Lior

clio 172 mk2
guys from the pic i see four mounts is it four in the 172 i kno the top one the one under the battery and the dog bone where is that fourth one im seeing in the diagram if it does have a fourth one?

guys from the pic i see four mounts is it four in the 172 i kno the top one the one under the battery and the dog bone where is that fourth one im seeing in the diagram if it does have a fourth one?

The RS models have an extra mount to those 3 you listed.

Tt is on the front nearside of the subframe at the bottom, and is a bit L shapedish

clio 172 mk2
can u see it from just looking at the engine or u gotta pull stuff out to get to it would like to make its not this mount on my car that has gone also that is causing the knocking under hard acceleration doesn neone have a picture so i can clarify? fron nearside by the radiator or closer to the engine pulleys on the left if standing infront the car?