ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap insurance for 18 year old

clio 1.2
hi there
iv just got my self a first car clio 1.2 16v
i live in essex (chelmsford)
iv got my test coming up on friday and want to insure my self asap
iv got 2 year no claims on motorbike
shopping about i got £2600 on a 1.2 at 18 :s thats with my dad as a named driver

anyone got an idea what i can do to bring that down
thanks

Welcome, who was that quote with?

Try Adrian flux, bell direct, admiral. Those are off the top of my head, if you search insurance and go through the threads you will find other insurer's.

And do it over the phone for a better quote.

clio 1.2
that was with auto saints
im going to ring round tomorrow as 2600 is a joke !! if it was in the 1000 - 2000 mark would be nice
the car cost me less then that !!

clio 1.2
trust me my mate has a 1.4 golf cost £1400 to insure and one on my others 1.4 106 qiucksilver £1000 a year so theres people who will insure you cheaper then 2k
both them first times drivers
even know someone at 17 with a bmw 1 series at £4500 to insure ( i know sound like BS but its not MAD !!)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Unfortunatley you're at that age where innevitably, you will pay more for insurance.

I wouldnt worry about what other people are paying - the fact is, you have to start somewhere.

Welcome, by the way.

Clio 172
I paid £2800 at 18 (now 22) for a Corsa B 1.4 8v, oh how I'm glad I passed when I did

i paid £2800 at 17 just after i passed my test, put 2 named women drivers down, i had both my parents, changed my dad to my aunt and it dropped it by £400!

try elephant, they where my cheapest but they are shite with mods..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Insurance is a total piss-take. Im 26, at 19 i could insure a 172 Cup for £1400, what the f**k has happened since then??

clio 1.2
Adrian flux £2200 with my 2 year motorbike ncb
no to bad but going to keep ringing about see what is the very best

A ANIMAL
Admiral group tend to be pretty good for young drivers.

iuf you can afford a decent excess that helps also - but its never going to be "cheap"

My Trophy at 21 was less than £1300.

My Volvo is less than £400. LOL

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Can only echo Joe, Elephant/Admiral/Bell are the way to go for young drivers.

Try adding a female as a named driver too...

Clio182 RB Blue
Im paying £1700 fully comp on a clio 182 cup, 10000 miles a year, named driver. Im 18 with 1 years ncb. (with elephant)

My saxo was £3000 3rd party fire and theft first year.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I paid over £3k when I was 17 on a 1.2 Mk2 Ph2 clio.

I've got 3 years NCB now on my VRS SE, this year it was just over £1k.

Listerine & Poledo
Young lad? In a Clio?
Thassa a premium.

Unfortunately mate, you're being tarred with the brush made out of all the barrel-rolled Clios that the insurers keep having to pay out for after young lads try their hero skills out with dramatic results :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
trust me my mate has a 1.4 golf cost £1400 to insure and one on my others 1.4 106 qiucksilver £1000 a year so theres people who will insure you cheaper then 2k
both them first times drivers

Well seeing as you clearly already know more than all of us, why dont you just ask those people who they are insured with and go with the same people?

Personally im going to guess that they are named drivers and their parents are main drivers rather than the other way around ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Insurance is a total piss-take. Im 26, at 19 i could insure a 172 Cup for £1400, what the f**k has happened since then??

In the last 7 years there has been a massive increase in the number of ambulance chasers, and their huge fees bump all of our insurance up.
Everytime someone wins 2K in whiplash, its actually a 10k+ bill for the insurers, so 10K more that they need to collect from all our premiums.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
As said before, cheap insure doesn't exist for an 18 year old unless you take out a fraudulant policy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Has this really made it all the way to the second page without anyone mentioning starting your own insurance policy or did I just skim read it too quick and miss that?

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
hi there
iv just got my self a first car clio 1.2 16v
i live in essex (chelmsford)
iv got my test coming up on friday and want to insure my self asap
iv got 2 year no claims on motorbike
shopping about i got £2600 on a 1.2 at 18 :s thats with my dad as a named driver

anyone got an idea what i can do to bring that down
thanks

Would you consider black box insurance? ikube seems to be the best one i've found. Thought it was worth a mention

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ring whoever you insure your motorbike with and see what they can do. Most do cars too or have a sister company who do cars. They might be in a better position to offer you a discount for your motorbike NCB.