ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place for ipad/ipad mini

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone help with this?

Mrs is looking for a tablet of some sort for her college work. She would rather a tablet over a laptop due to the size for carrying about.

I know nothing about them, or where to look etc.

Thanks!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought mine online with tesco. Got 2 voucher codes from HUKD and then had a few club card vouchers left over so paid £221 In total.

Bargain IMO.

Cup In bits
The new one is speculated to come out very soon so I'd hold off and get the latest model or save some cash on the older. The new iPhone release is tomorrow so the iPad won't be far behind.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahright, ill take a look for some discount vouches..

I think the mini is around 250 on amazon so thats not too bad.

Swede, she needs it asap as she has already started her college course so thats not really an option, thanks though.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What colour/GB is she after? I have a white 32GB mini here gathering dust, all I ever use it for is to play clash of clans! Bit of a waste really.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Just anything mate.

Doesnt even have to be apple, samsung ones look pretty decent aswell.

Not really keen on second hand stuff like that, but thanks.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
If it doesn't have to be Apple get a Nexus 7 instead, better display, faster, wireless charging, MUCH cheaper accessories (specifically leads, e.g HDMI) and a lot cheaper for the tablet itself. With the money you save you can add a keyboard case for it so it's like a netbook if she's going to be typing a lot.

Cup In bits
3G if you want to pay a contract and have the use of 3G or wifi for Internet wherever you can get a connection.

Cup In bits
When i got mine you bought it on the suppliers network (I.e O2, orange, tmobile) just like you would a phone and it costs a fortune monthly, I see no sense in it when you can use your phones 3G and bump things across via bump the app.

I would just buy a wifi model.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah, WiFi model and use her phone as a hotspot. Check on her contract that there's no tethering charges though.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
e5a6aded.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've had a 3G iPad for 18months, never used it or felt the need to use it. (The 3G that is)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah i thin this will mostly be used at home or when shes in college which i believe has free wifi aswell so it should be fine.

If not then she can connect through her mobile.