ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheeky request/favour

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Hi guys, I did a bit of work on the 172 this evening. I replaced the thermostat (car wasn't warming as fast as my mates 172) and cleaned the throttle body out, it was full of muck and causing the car to have a little bit of a lumpy idle. I also fitted a new dog bone mount and moved/retightened the upper gearbox mount to stop the exhaust manifold rattling under heavy acceleration.

When I cleaned the throttle body I took the butterfly out, when I put it back together I screwed it in the wrong way around (I know, I'm a mong) This meant that the car thought there was an issue with the body, it didn't run correctly. I managed to sort it and now the car runs fine, except for the engine management light.

The car runs perfect, in fact much better than before! Idles nicely now, a lot less lumpy and warms up much quicker.

My cheeky favour that I'm asking is does anyone in the Lincoln area have an RS tuner to reset the engine management light? As far as I can work out you don't need an extra license to use the diagnosis functionality and reset a code on another car, just to map it. I'd be really grateful if someone could reset the fault for me. :eek: I've tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, it didn't fix it.

I'm in Nottingham (near IKEA) visiting my girlfriends parents tomorrow (Sunday) so if someone in Notts could help me all the better.

I don't mind driving over to meet you either. Feel free to tell me to piss off if you don't want to help. :p

Thanks guys!