ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipping a 182, what sort of bhp gains?

Clio 172
Just a quick question for people who have had their 182 chipped.

What sort of price am I looking at, what gains can I expect, where should I go?

probably end up with 182 mate i dont think 10bhp overall is possible but i may be wrong pipercross say the viper gives 10bhp (what a laugh)

Clio 172
Do you not reckon its worth it then? Dont want to be throwing money at something if its not gonna show results. :)

oh now sorry mate did mean to put you off the group n ecu is well worth it from hill power raises the rev limiter and gives you improvements right across the power range you may only get 6-7 bhp peak but improvements in torque would help with flat spots

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^David thats pretty high as std....Was that car complimenting other mods.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
No completely standard car.

We did fit a K-Tec sticker which may have helped! lol.

David.

Leon Cupra R 225
clidge said:
probably end up with 182 mate i dont think 10bhp overall is possible but i may be wrong pipercross say the viper gives 10bhp (what a laugh)

Lol! the viper is so awesome :clown:

clio 200 F4Rt
no point in having a car remapped as a first modification, or if you plan to change things in the near future.

if you want more power, do the basics first, like a decent exhasut (see engine section, BTB exhausts post) panel filter etc.

then when your at a decent point get the ECU remapped, to make most of the mods you ahve already got. otherwise its wasted money.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
As FMP said,start with some smaller mods first. Decat,decent exhaust,panel filter then remap to see the maximum gains from those mods plus what the remap has to offer. That group N looks handy.

Clio 172
fmp_ said:
no point in having a car remapped as a first modification, or if you plan to change things in the near future.

if you want more power, do the basics first, like a decent exhasut (see engine section, BTB exhausts post) panel filter etc.

then when your at a decent point get the ECU remapped, to make most of the mods you ahve already got. otherwise its wasted money.

Has a blueflame exhaust, AAS decat and green filter already so it wouldnt be first mod :)

goto chip wizards then in that case, dont waste your time with K-Tec etc, I'm sure they are good, but to be perfectly honest they dont have the same results, nor will they do.

give Wayne a bell and just book it in, his results are non comparible
http://www.chipwizards.co.uk/

Milnrow, J21 off the M62. I'd take mine there if I was keeping it...

M3 will almost certainly end up in his workshop for a few hours though

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
bellautos said:
Ktec is even wrong i think it should be 7800 :)

We are not wrong, we just consider 7800rpm to be a little too high. The F4R engine is not the smoothest sounding engine at those rpms.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
But as a tuning company we would rather put a guarantee on an engine running 7500rpm than 7800rpm. Power also starts to tail off after 7500rpm.

David.

Remap Tuning Available
Aggred that 7800 is hi for every day driveing BUT it dont mean that the driver has to run is at 7800.

All i was trying to say is if your map is a genuine Group-N it should be set at 7800 unless it has been tuned from a genuine map and the limiter lowerd.

@ what address did you find your limiter located in the file ?

Last edited:
  VaVa
I have the Renault GrpN on my ph2 172 and it's 7800... although it sounds that bloody rough above 7krpm I never take it there. lol.

Lionel Richie
yeah completley understandable, BUT R-sport sold their grpN ECU with a 7800rpm limit

if you were a circuit driver David you'd know why a 7,800-8K limit is useful ;):rasp:

we only rev ours to 7500rpm these days, but then again we are 60odd hp up on standard

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
So the conclusion seems to be 7500rpm is a good relable maximum rpm. Anything over that it becomes just a numbers game. Many of our customers are happy with the limit we set and that is what is important.

Fred, I have to admit I have not done much circuit driving but that will change this year. As our car is turbocharged we do not need to use the revs that a tuned N/A engine would need to. Having said that our 182 has perfomed well on the track with the limit set at 7500rpm and we have not found the need to increase it.

David.

clio 200 F4Rt
no point in revving more than a few hundred rpm over the point at where power tails off.

in my old saxo track car (t/b's, omex, blah blah blah..) it revved to 7800, it stopped making power at 7250 (mild cams), was was pretty pointless.

only advantage is it gives you a little more room to play with, for example going between braking zones etc, rather than an upshift - downshift.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
So with a new zorst + decat and a panel filter is it worth getting a remap? Likely to see much gains?

Cheers! :)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Here we go again:S :D

Use the search function and you will find a wealth of information on the 182 Remap.

We can provide our own 182 Remap which has been run on various rolling roads back to back to show exact gains.

An average gain was 14hp and 15lbft obviously not extra but peak in places.

This costs £275 all inc.

Paul
http://www.rstuning.co.uk