ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chopping in the 182 for a 197 or something...

looking to do this within the month..

(will be px'ing it, so KNOW i will get a daft price)

but im not wanting the buggers to try and rip me off with this 2000 scrappage thing...and take my car off me for nothing...

i was looking at rough prices for 2nd hand..didnt want anything over 20k millage...wanted a yellow one..but not that fussed..as long as its not silver...

there doesnt seem to be much up this way in scotland however? (anyone know of any?)

can someone clue me up on this situ regarding the scrapage? will they get money for my car off the government if i was to go for a new 200..??

hoi..!!!

The £2000 scrappage allowance wont come into play as the 182 isnt 10 years old.

thats what i thought...

but i wasnt sure if they got some kind of percentage (smaller) off the government..if it was a new car i was going to buy...

would it be worthwhile buying an old car for 100quid...?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with travelling to find the right car Kiev.

Swift Sport
What's wrong with selling yours private?

I work in car sales and I'd be very reluctant to p/x tbh.

LOL the government aren't stupid. You have to have owned the 10 year old car for at least 12 months to qualify.

I've only had mine 7 months!! :dapprove:

i have an old 1978 landrover...but i didnt think they would take that..ahem..or would they??

Nothing wrong with travelling to find the right car Kiev.

i was looking at stuff up in inverness/glasgow/perth..

but lack of 197s or f1's

What's wrong with selling yours private?

I work in car sales and I'd be very reluctant to p/x tbh.

too much hassel, stuff i know needs done to it...etc

Swift Sport
The reductions are discounted from the retail prices which were heavily discounted prior to the scrappage scheme, so the chances of the customer getting a better deal are slim.

Swift Sport
My advice would be to try various car supermarkets that offer nearly new cars at prices much lower than the main dealers, as you're not too specific about what you want.

Insist on paying no more than the price on the screen, and don't be fobbed off by the salemans jargon.

It's a buyers market, there are bargins out there! :)

ff 182
i have an old 1978 landrover...but i didnt think they would take that..ahem..or would they??

i was looking at stuff up in inverness/glasgow/perth..

but lack of 197s or f1's

too much hassel, stuff i know needs done to it...etc
lol a 1974 landrover is probably worth more on ebay to a collector...dont thoes things bring maga money..:)

lol a 1974 landrover is probably worth more on ebay to a collector...dont thoes things bring maga money..:)

thats what i was originally doing anyway...selling the land rover private...

but if im guarenteed 2 grand for it? (unfortunately its in good nick? surely this will be crushed..which is a shame)...or will the crafty buggers sell it on in secret

as for the 2 grand...i just assumed that the dealers would just UP the original prices on the cars tbh..

so you wouldnt be making any saving at all..

id rather stay away from the supermarkets...this probably isnt true, but i hear you get a lot of hassel, and for some reason a lot of them get handed back to finance and all that jazzz..

(i know thats an individuals situation)

but for once (and i hate to say this) id rather buy a car from a dealership

Swift Sport
I work for a car supermarket, I bought my own car from there.

Paid £11,400 for a 4 month old 197 with 1000 miles on the clock, back before the credit crunch. (no staff discount either!) The car was immaculate too!

You just need to have a good look around mate, you can usually tell if the car is dodgy or not. Pm me if you want any more advice! :)

The Landy will be eligable for the scrap allowance, however it will be crushed.
You have to have owned the vehicle more than 12 months, its has to have a current MOT and it must also be over 10 yrs old. Cat C/ D write offs are not included and nor are imports.
You will find that some places offer your more than the £2000 off, as they add existing discounts onto the government contribution. There are various deals on offer and it will be up to you which suits you best, you won't for example be able to have all of them, for example scrap allowance and interest free credit/ free servicing offer, its one or the other. In some cases it works out better for you not to do the scrappage incentive..
Hope this helps.

Megane 5 door :dead:

225 which would hump bits aff your wee body...

The Landy will be eligable for the scrap allowance, however it will be crushed.
You have to have owned the vehicle more than 12 months, its has to have a current MOT and it must also be over 10 yrs old. Cat C/ D write offs are not included and nor are imports.
You will find that some places offer your more than the £2000 off, as they add existing discounts onto the government contribution. There are various deals on offer and it will be up to you which suits you best, you won't for example be able to have all of them, for example scrap allowance and interest free credit/ free servicing offer, its one or the other. In some cases it works out better for you not to do the scrappage incentive..
Hope this helps.

seems like there are sooo many conditions...

Oooft Kiev ya wee ride...

Remember, ano wht u look like now ;)

the guy from greenday as some wee dirty ride of a bird said at the pub yest...i'll add u...but no chugging over ma pics..

(not any burds on here adding me..pish)

arnold clark renault in grangemouth have a red 197 atm, not had a proper look at it though, has silver wheels thats all i know lol

they all seemed to have a high milage..

parks up ek are bringing in a FULL spec 200 (black) in june...18900 grand

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm. i was speaking with the sales manager a few weeks ago and he said they were toying with that idea.

need to go in for 'butchers'

hmm. i was speaking with the sales manager a few weeks ago and he said they were toying with that idea.

need to go in for 'butchers'

i just dont think i can merit that MUCH for it...

plus june is ages away..and i needed something quick for work..

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i know sod that 19k for a clio - eh nah.

you can get a better deal on nearly new now, let some other mug take the depreciation hit