ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 172 rep (Something special for fcs!)

Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (172 kit plus smoothing)

This is going to be one hell of a car if it all goes ahead!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

still doing it thou :rasp:
carnt wait now, having the smoothing done at work very soon. i just need to get it all on so it all starts to come together.

02' PH1 172

how does the ph2 lower grill fit in the cut-out space of the ph1 bumper??

Clio 182 BG

is the Porsche color the same like the color on the car from the guy from netherlands?

send you some pics remember?:)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

yes mate you have to cut out the standard phase 1 lower grille and and modd the phase 2 lower grille to fit.

fabian yes its the same colour. it took me a long time to find the actual name of the colour but funny enough theres a fiesta in the latest max power mag that has the same colour lol.

thanks for all the comments :)

02' PH1 172

ah cool, any idea if its a big mission to get the grill to fit?

your car is going to look tight when its all done man!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

carnt see it being to bad to be fair. when people have done them they look tidy and not chopped so should be yes. just got to source a clio with a non sunroof so i can butcher the roof off as reno want £450 for theres lol. fook that.

Clio 182 BG

fabian yes its the same colour. it took me a long time to find the actual name of the colour but funny enough theres a fiesta in the latest max power mag that has the same colour lol.

why don´t you ask me:rasp: talked to the guy last time and also asked for the color;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

didnt think lol! getting work to crack on with the custom work next week @ £15-20 an hour so should have some very good progress very soon! :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

my plates and surround came today :D
all legal with the bsau
DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

managed to get a freind i know at a porsche dealership to take a pic of Macadamia Brown Metallic and im defo going for that colour.
macabrown.jpg

ill let you know the progress when im taking it in tomorow for the assement and when the works going to commence. i may have to bite the bullet and keep my sunroof but still smooth the ariel as i carnt source a non sunroof skin :(

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

just got back from it being assesed and for the following......

full respray inside and out in macadamia brown metallic,
de-badge bonnet and washer jets,
smooth side strips,
de-lock both doors,
de-ariel roof panel,
172 front bumper swage line smoothed and modified lower grille,
172 rear bumper with custom smoothing on plastic trim,
re fit of all new panels,

£1800 inc vat

the works due to commence end of the week or start of next week. needless to say im very excited now. :D i know its more than i originally said but i wanted it to go threw the books and to be a garunteed job. the only thing else i need to fit the kit is my stainless stealth back box which is being custom made at powerflow (mr tyres leicester) for £140

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

thats cheap for the amount of work going into it o_O

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

thats why im happy to part with the money plus ill be able to see the whole process as its only next door :D

Iceberg Ph1

Looking forward to seeing this! That colour is bloody lovely!

BMW E92/Audi S3

f**king silly cheap!!!!! Looking forward to seeing this. Bookmarked.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Oh my... This is going to be EPIC!

Vantage

Tommy, mate .. never knew you was going to go for a full respray...!!??

cant wait to see this.. :p

...found this on my hard drive :D

Attachments

• rdizzel_brownclio.jpg
    rdizzel_brownclio.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

ooo yes rio. :D
got a new rear number plate light as the old one was abit manky.
also going to order some brand new dual optics thursday so hopefully will get those for friday! the car should also be going in over the weekend and they said it will take them a week.

Vantage

ooo yes rio. :D
got a new rear number plate light as the old one was abit manky.
also going to order some brand new dual optics thursday so hopefully will get those for friday! the car should also be going in over the weekend and they said it will take them a week.

:D

are you still planning to do the conversion..? as your doing this much to a 1.2..?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

i duno i kind of like it being a 1.2 as its cheap as fook to run but on the otherhand its slow. i probarly wont to be fair as ill just get a track toy on the side and use this as a daily. im going to be stripping the interior over the weekend ready for the respray but while its all out im going to be retrimming some of the plastics in alacantra to match the seats and doorcards. also im swapping the dash for a phase 2 172 to modenise it up. hopefully im picking it up this weekend :D

535d / t5 caravelle

bandwidth exceeded, upgrade to pro is all i'm seeing? wheres the car? lol

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

i know :( comes back on thou on the 9th lol! all my new pics will be on my account insted of the missus which ive abused lol

535d / t5 caravelle

so will i be able to see the motor then

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

youll be able to see the past pictures ive posted on the 9th nov but all new pictures from now on will be visable. it shoul be finished next week but ill be taking step by step pics anyway which ill try and upload daily.

535d / t5 caravelle

sorted, look forward to it

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

ive just spoke to work today about getting it in for monday but ive had to speak to the managing director as work was going to loan me the money and i pay it back each month directly out of my wages. but after they all had a mass debate and said due to the current economic climate they carnt loan me it all up front. but what they said is there prepared to loan me about £300 each month.
so on monday im taking in my front bumper and rear bumper so they can start with that. when i get paid on the 28th ill be able to get the wings, spoiler and bonnet done, and soo on. so hopefully i can save up alot and get it all done for january/febuary. im alitte wounded but i suppose im still getting a good deal so i think its worth the wait.

Vantage

ive just spoke to work today about getting it in for monday but ive had to speak to the managing director as work was going to loan me the money and i pay it back each month directly out of my wages. but after they all had a mass debate and said due to the current economic climate they carnt loan me it all up front. but what they said is there prepared to loan me about £300 each month.
so on monday im taking in my front bumper and rear bumper so they can start with that. when i get paid on the 28th ill be able to get the wings, spoiler and bonnet done, and soo on. so hopefully i can save up alot and get it all done for january/febuary. im alitte wounded but i suppose im still getting a good deal so i think its worth the wait.

still worth waiting...

still cant wait to see this :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

there will be an update thursday with pics ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

wish id had the money to do my car properly

TTRS & V50

Pretty sound of your work to loan you money, for all they know you could f**k off tomorrow ?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

yer i spend like £300 a month with them on parts and always pay up so they know i wont mess them around.

theve done some more today which i didnt expect them to do :D
tomorows going to be a good day thou! ;) will post pics up.

the parts outstanding to finish the bodywork are....
non sunroof panel,
filler cap parts and custom funneling for filler relocation,
torn between no handles with a popper on the centrel locking or fiat barcetta handles

E92 M3

how long till this is finished realy looking 4ward to seeing it

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

not to sure on how long but the bodyworks coming along quickly but i think ill have to save up the next couple of months for the paint.