ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 172 rep (Something special for fcs!)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (172 kit plus smoothing)

just got in from work and managed to get some poo night pics.....
DSC00319.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

tomorow they will be doing the n/s door the same and de-locking and handiling it. im fitting my custom cup spoiler aswell so ill take better pics while its being done.;)

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF

Looking great so far mate! Keep us posted :)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo

personally would of kept the bonnet badge on.
but good work.

Titanium 182

Eek ! that looks s**t :rasp: when's it getting painted ? will look good once done !

Would have kept the front badge though.

Vantage

like that fact your smoothing the front badge.. but why the washers?? wouldnt that fail the m.o.t?

either way.. its going to look top!!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

update :D
DSC00322.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

had the passenger door fully smoothed today and its going to look awesome when painted. i love the bonnet :rasp: it will all fall into place once its done.

rio i have a washer jet on the wiper arm. if you eagle eye the pick from the front you might see it on the o/s.

tomorow there doing the front bumper, wings and side skirts and ill be defo fitting the spoiler.

hope you like the progress :approve:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Looks wicked so far mate :) I loved it as it was but really looking forward to see how it turns out.

You definately going bronze?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers mate, yer im really looking foward to it too. So are the bodyshop which is really good as they want to do it as good as they can. If you go back to page 7 youll see the colour mate ;)

CLIO PH1 172

cant wait to see this painted should look ace btw what splitter is that?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Have the doors been welded or just filled??

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Standard rubber one mate. The doors have been welded on the inside and p/40 then fillered.

Have they welded plates over the bumpstrip recess then fillered it or what?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Standard rubber one mate. The doors have been welded on the inside and p/40 then fillered.

Ah cool.

I know a guy that just had his fillered and it sunk after about 4 weeks. Looked comical! He had lines all down the side of the car!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Cheers mate, yer im really looking foward to it too. So are the bodyshop which is really good as they want to do it as good as they can. If you go back to page 7 youll see the colour mate ;)

Great colour mate, was just checking you hadn't changed your mind!

Looking forward to results, hope they do a good job.

Iceberg Ph1

This is going to look the nuts TBH! So looking forward to seeing the colour on.. Out of interest and if you have not already said, or even if you want to keep it private.. How much all this setting you back?

Never above 25mpg

Spot on :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

the bodywork atm is £230 inc vat for what ive had done in the pics shown. ive still yet to get them to relocate the filler cap, put a non sunroof skin on, fabricate some custom rear flared arches, front bumper, rear bumper, wings, and skirts.
the respray is going to be £1000 inc paint

its going to be smooooooth lol!
keep a check on this tomorow ;)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8

looking sweet mate

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE

gonna look awesome mate.. keep it up!!

how was it you smoothed the side strips? as i was looking to do this and been told it will sink in after a couple of months??

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Tommy its looking good man, its going to be SO smooth, and can't wait to see it painted. Loving how you have relocated the washer jets. Where is the filler cap being located to?(think you said it was being moved).

Dude give me a call when its finished so i can come see it and also wanna see the puma.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers for all the comments guys, its motivating me more :D

update for today....
DSC00324.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

im really happy with the bumper. He was still finishing it off when i took the pics. He's got to make a plastic infill piece on the edges of the grille and its finished apart from being stripped of the paint. He also did both wings so there ready to go on with the skirts but he didnt have time to put them on today. im very happy with his work so far and for what its costing me a really carnt complain. ill keep you posted on further devolments. :D

will ill call you as soon as its done mate ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

its looking awesome mate :D im modifying my front bumper to take a 182 grill and its a pain in the arse! lol this will look great when its done tho, you keeping the number plate recess or removing that aswell for added smoothness? :p

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

keeping the recess mate as i want to retain alittle o.e ;)
The guy who's doing the bodywork wasn't to optimistic about the grille fitting but i made him persist on and it paid off. :approve:

S23

The Cleee-O

I. Cannot. Wait. To. See. This. Done! Gonna look fappin' epic mate! :D :cool: :D

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

keeping the recess mate as i want to retain alittle o.e ;)
The guy who's doing the bodywork wasn't to optimistic about the grille fitting but i made him persist on and it paid off. :approve:

nice one buddy :) sounds good, cant wait to see this done! :cool:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Seriously man i think your going to have to get some sort of magazine feature for this.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Wow. Awesome updates recently buddy. Pure sex! Not sure if you've already said as I haven't fully read everythin but what colour is it going?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers guys! Will, i hope i get some sort of a feature. That would be awesome.
I've probs got too wait till next month to get the roof panel. Then january for the filler relocation, rear bumper and exhaust.

(Ben its on page 7 at the bottom);)