ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the phase 1

After a month of neglect decided to give it a little tlc, photos are aren't great but there were loads of people going for walks today and its abit embarrassing to be taking photos of your clio!

HPIM0332.gif

HPIM0335.gif

HPIM0342.gif

HPIM0344.gif

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
everytime i see a ph1 thread i get a little bit more tempted to get one as a 2nd car.. hmmm

320d
everytime i see a ph1 thread i get a little bit more tempted to get one as a 2nd car.. hmmm

Everytime I see a ph1 i get a little more set on getting one as my 1st RS Clio in august.

They're so much softer on the wallet than a 182 and they're just as fast and good looking, although completely different looks.

Only -ives are the interiors crap and they're getting on.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
nothing some different seats, different steering wheel and getting the dash flocked wouldnt sort!

or a 182 dash transplant... hmmm

I think it looks alright tbh, I use it every day for work, its worth fek all, it goes like a train, does 33mpg round town and 40mpg on a run and I drive it as Renault intended.
Nothing is as much fun for the money.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That chap's with 16" OZ F1's looks so much better than the 15's.

Looks nice and clean in the pictures.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Once you've been in the car for a week or two the interior won't bother you, I prefer it to my mum's Fiesta and that's an 07 plate. Just wish I could afford the insurance to step up to the 2ltr.

Nice car pal :)

Celica and Raptor.
Nice Rs Mate Looks Smart, I bought one a couple of weeks ago just like yours but the side door trims and handles have been colour coded.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i really didnt like ph1 172s a while back but i actualt prefer them over ph2s now, weird

Get Steve to spray the bump stips and handles mate, will look lots better then. The only issue is opening the doors whilst there getting done hmm....

120d M-Sport
I personally think the interior is fantastic and comfy :p

I never used to like the PH1 clio but i soon came to love them when i got in my mates (now mine) 172, told him to give me a price and now its mine :D

They also look meaner than the PH2 172.

As regards to the MK1 Vee they are pure p**n!!! :rasp:

Yep I did have a Lupo, sold it back in July, had a couple of cars since.
Yeah its standard bar the clear repeaters and some RS mats, I ve got a set of phase 2 rears ready to go on but its been too cold. Colourcoding is on the to-do list amongst other things, just had the gear box oil changed which is a very worthwhile mod.
I do prefer the looks of the ph1 over the ph2, its alot more agressive and standouts from the non sports.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think it looks alright tbh, I use it every day for work, its worth fek all, it goes like a train, does 33mpg round town and 40mpg on a run and I drive it as Renault intended.
Nothing is as much fun for the money.

Amen brother, I get the same economy. Cant fault it in any way possible tbh!