ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning throttlebody

172 MKII FF
Hi,

I'm considering cleaning the throttle body on my 172. What is the best cleaning product to do this with and do I need to be wary of anything? Is it simply a matter of unbolting it and spraying it with some cleaning agent?

^brake cleaner carb cleaner electrical cleaner its all very similar and is nasty stuff.

Just get whatevers cheapest

chain lube? What you been smoking?

Just spray it through the butterfly trying not to get on the electrics.

Get your ass down halfrauds for some brake or carb cleaner

ff 182
you want to be carefull pouring and spraying liquids down there. cus in side the black cover at the side ,is full of electrics and electric motors..

172 A Cupwork Orange™
no gasket mate, there is a orange rubber seal, however that stays on the tb you will see what i mean when you remove it, but it wont need to be replaced

172 MKII FF
Took it off and it was full of shite, took a while to clean as well. It's all nice and sparkly now and seems to idle/rev a bit better.

I use the throttle cleaner by 3M, that is good cos you can spray in upside down. But truely better if you unscrew the 4 bolts from the TB and clean.

172 MKII FF
The time it takes for the rev counter to sit at under 1000 is longer after cleaning it. The revs seem to site at around 1,500 and then slowly settle back down to under 1,000 taking longer than before.

ff 182
The time it takes for the rev counter to sit at under 1000 is longer after cleaning it. The revs seem to site at around 1,500 and then slowly settle back down to under 1,000 taking longer than before.
was it cold?..take it for a 20 min spin then try it.should be better

172 A Cupwork Orange™

Take it out for a quick blast, and things should settle down :D