ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking doors

Clio 182 Blue
Hi guys, bit of a annoying clicking has developed on both doors of my 182, any ideas what could be the cause?

I've tried tightening the little bar things (not the hinges) and greasing them and the hinges but no luck.

Cheers

From experience it is normally the check strap's (which u have tightened) does it happen when you open and close the door? if it is u can normally hold them and feel the click?

Clio 182 Blue
From experience it is normally the check strap's (which u have tightened) does it happen when you open and close the door? if it is u can normally hold them and feel the click?

Yes, when I open and close the doors the check strap clicks, I've had a feel and it's definitely that. Anything that can be done?

197 clio
hi matt, which check strap needs changing, the lower one which costs 80 kwid or the top one which is about 25 kwid? i took it to renault and they are saying its the lower one, but im not sure i believe that

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My drivers door has a very quiet click coming for it, Changed the check strap 3 times now and after further inspection its the pins which are causing it