ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

climate control aspirator fan?

the fan for the climate control sensor inside the interior light unit keeps buzzing... i've taken it apart and tried spraying WD-40 on it but it still makes loads of noise, although most of the noise seems to be coming from the the plastic casings vibrating... anyone have any ideas how to fix it? i've ordered a new fan from Renault for £20ish but after looking at it I'm not sure if it will fix the problem.

New one should fix it, I took out the fan blade on mine for a while so it didnt have anything to make any noise with.

Now its oiled and back in and it hasnt made a buzz since.

You could silicone the new one in. If you want to take it out at a later date should be fine seeing as silicone is flexible and easy to brake.

At an extreme you could get some dynamat / pc sound proofing, And sound proof the inside of the light housing?

how did you take the fan blade out? i've taken the top bit off but can't get access to the fan... obviously i'd rather try and clean & oil it before i buy a new one