ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Confusion

ph2 172
hi all

for some strange reason the climate control in my 172 seems to get confused. sometimes i can have it set too 16 degrees and it will pump out hot air, the only way to cool it down is to wack the temp up too 26 degrees and then slowly bring it back down a few degrees at a time and it seems to sort itself out.

anyone know what can cause this?

thankyou

Chelsea tractor
Had it on the Discovery when it was new... Turned out to be a temperature sensor that had gone funnysomewhere

Can't say I've seen that. A few things:
  • Do you have it set to Auto?
  • Are you also sure that the AC button is lit?
  • Is this from when you first start the car? As it will take a short time to pump out cold air
  • Have you got it set to cycle the air? If so turn it off the cycle function.

Chelsea tractor
If the temperature thing's buggered it'll just keep on belting out random temperature air - usually glacial cold lol. I didn't appreciate that when it was already -10 ish lol

Clio 172 Mk2
Ive got this problem, and I do what you do to make sure it chucks out cold air. Cannot use AUTO as it always seems to default to hot air - when I say hot its REALLY hot.

Im not sure its the electrics - someone here mentioned that it may be a motor which drives an air diverter. If you stick your head in the footwell, you will see a white plastic gear -the motor that drives this could be dying.

Anyone actually get this fixed - if so, what was the solution?

ph2 172
when i turn the a/c button on it gets even hotter! but the cold is not that cold so think it may need re gassing?