ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 S

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Right then ladies, after a few weeks of ownership I have done a few tiny little subtle mods to the car. And yes I know it needs lowering. Thought I'd show you all where I am atm with the car.
Firstly, this is how I bought the beast.
DSC01663.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

I then decided to get the can of spray paint out and add a few colour coded touches.
Renault badge on the bonnet
DSC01706.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

Renault and Clio badges on the rear, aswell as taking about 4 stickers off that were clutering the window up!
DSC01703.jpg

And finally today, sprayed the Renault Diamonds on the centre caps of the alloys.
DSC01700.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

And just a few random shots.
DSC01702.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

I know its not special but the subtle changes make a big difference IMO. Next on the list is some Phase 2 rear lights to freshen the rear up, then probably a lowering kit :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
get a can of silver and start colour coding,
do the fog light surrounds, bumpers, and spoiler

makes such a big difference imo,

you keeping those wheels?? could look good with some smaller tyres,

and get rid of all the orange bits!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads, and agreed it does need colour coding and de-tango'ing.
Hmm not sure on the wheels, I'd like some a little bigger ideally, around 15"

Nissan 350z
Ah nice choice of motor. I started with a 1.4 Si.

Grab some clear side indicators and silvatech chromed indicator bulbs! Cheap mods that look spot on :)

On mine i bought some Ph1 172 alloys and tyres for £170 off ebay and then lowered it on some Eibach Prolines. Loved it!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Ah nice choice of motor. I started with a 1.4 Si.

Grab some clear side indicators and silvatech chromed indicator bulbs! Cheap mods that look spot on :)

On mine i bought some Ph1 172 alloys and tyres for £170 off ebay and then lowered it on some Eibach Prolines. Loved it!

Thats basically all I want to do with this! Maybe a little backbox for some noise too. Thanks.

Same car as mine wahey. I should post some of mine up

Looks mint mate, mines black and shows the scratches.

I have the exact same tyres recently fitted to mine, what pressures are you running in the tyres?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Same car as mine wahey. I should post some of mine up

Looks mint mate, mines black and shows the scratches.

I have the exact same tyres recently fitted to mine, what pressures are you running in the tyres?

Ahh no idea mate I've not checked the tyre pressures since I bought the car :eek:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Get a phase 2 172 rear bumper fitted.

I do actually want a different rear bumper, mine is scratched to hell and don't know if you can tell on the pictures bit it doesn't sit right with the tailgate and the bottom of the rear lights! How much do they go for? Straight fit etc?

Monaco
I do actually want a different rear bumper, mine is scratched to hell and don't know if you can tell on the pictures bit it doesn't sit right with the tailgate and the bottom of the rear lights! How much do they go for? Straight fit etc?

yea your right. it looks like it kinda sags in the middle. maybe accident repaired?

do a ph2 conversion on it and the rear lights, due to the colour of your car it'll be cheap as chips and will look awesome...

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah cheers mate, ah thats another thing on the documents it says my car is Grey? But I wouldn't call it Grey, its Silver really. Is this normal?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Gris Boreal, technically.

Also keep your black plastic bits and tyres buffed up with shine spray. Makes so much difference!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
They are in the bottom pictures mate. AG Bumper Care and AG Tyre Shine. I don't think that the bumpers have even been looked after as all the laquer is coming off the rear bumper :(

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
there was a silver 172 in at deatons dunno if its still there or nto but that had a good back bumper on it , and i could paint it cheap for you .

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Righty, not done anything to the car...
Up untill this morning. Had a nice drive down to Derby to meet a lad off cs.net to get some Phase 2 rears off him.
Before:
DSC01703.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

After:
DSC01709.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

Much better :D (Yes I know it needs lowering and bigger alloys :p)
And while I was there he tempted me into this HID kit just for an amazing £10 :drool:
DSC01708.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

Can't wait to test it tonight :cool:

Nissan 350z
Glad you like them mate, it was nice to meet another member from CS. They deffinately make it look nicer!

Get some LED sidelights and Silvatec indicator bulbs next on the shopping list ;)

Monaco
Glad you like them mate, it was nice to meet another member from CS. They deffinately make it look nicer!

Get some LED sidelights and Silvatec indicator bulbs next on the shopping list ;)

then colour code and you're laughing

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

then colour code and you're laughing

Cheers lads, and Sargara it was nice to meet you too x

I'm going to a local car store today for the LED sidelights. I was driving out last night and the police went past, I got quite scared 'cos these headlights are really bright lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
headlights are really bright??

if theyre correctly angled theyre not going to give anyone jip,

have they been tampered with since its mot??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well so long as theyre angled correctly, they wont cause any jip,

your dipped beam shouldnt be lighting up the car infront of you basically.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they should be fine, I'm just a wimp and don't want to get in trouble lol :p

I went to the scrappy today for some sidestrips. It was shut :( Grr lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
gash, theres always tomorrow,

u got a 16v engine??

otherwise im not sure what bullets your going to be using

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i had smoked rear lights,
then black rear lights

then got rid of them for ph2 lights,

smoked rear lights look gash

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ph2 lights are the best,
dont like ph1 lights,

or if you like ph1 lights,

get the ph2s and spray them red

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up some alloys tonight. For £50 I'm not complaining tbfo. They are in mint condition too.

2pq9lxi.jpg

2hxokmh.jpg

Can't get them fitted just yet as I've gotta wait to get 2 new tyres. Gonna test fit 2 of them tomorrow though.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
For those who care.

Before:

DSC01705.jpg

After:

DSC00598.jpg

Much better than the previous alloys imo.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
get some low profile tryes on them,
theyll look much nicer!

defs a good upgrade anyway

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
It was decent weather this dinner so I decided to clean and wax the car as I hadn't waxxed it yet since buying her lol.

Firstly to show you the smaller ariel I got from the scrap yard, looks much better imo.

DSC01724.jpg

And while I was washing the car I decided to take my side strips off, give them a good clean where they'd left loads of crap on the car. I then had to impulse to just spray them gloss black. Heres a few pictures anyway.

DSC01730.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

Look at the laquer peel on my rear bumper :( Oh well may aswell upgrade to a Ph2 bumper in the near future ;)

DSC01728.jpg

New wheels, very pleased with them and a steal at £50

DSC01727.jpg

Yes I know she needs lowering.

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01722.jpg

I've ordered a few new little subtle changes so updates end of this week or early next week depending on the postman ;)

Comments and critisims welcome.

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
looks nice mate. a set of aero wipers, a quarter height, standard length front plate and a meggy splitter would look good! :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
First update :) Got my silver indicator bulbs through the post this morning.

DSC01732.jpg

Before:

DSC01733.jpg

Old bulbs out lol

DSC01735.jpg

And fitted, much better!

DSC01736.jpg

And one full frontal shot ;)

DSC01737.jpg

Comments welcome.