ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 CUP Throttle Bodies

Clio 172 Cup
Was thinking about fitting some throttle bodies, but im not sure which ones to go for. Ive been speaking to someone who works at a performance place and he did some research for me. I spoke to him today and he said that he had been in contact with Jenvey and they said to him that the throttle bodies they sell for the 172 are rubbish and the ones to go for are Omex. I was looking at the ktec Racing ones but im not sure, dont really know much about throttle bodies tbh. Is there anyone that can clue me in as to which one i should go for ? thx :)

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
LOL!!!!!

Omex use Jenvey bodies in a fully developed kit with an ECU and all brackets, that's also sold by K-tec.

01242 260656 and speak to Al at Omex

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Was thinking about fitting some throttle bodies, but im not sure which ones to go for. Ive been speaking to someone who works at a performance place and he did some research for me. I spoke to him today and he said that he had been in contact with Jenvey and they said to him that the throttle bodies they sell for the 172 are rubbish and the ones to go for are Omex. I was looking at the ktec Racing ones but im not sure, dont really know much about throttle bodies tbh. Is there anyone that can clue me in as to which one i should go for ? thx :)

FLOL on so many levels, what company is going to say our product is crap?

Go for the OMEX version.......FLOL, GDI/OMEX use the jenvey kit.

what "performance" place does he work in? :rolleyes:

Research LOLz!!!!!!!!

Clio 172 Cup
lol oh well. At least that shortens the list a bit. Just had a look on the ktec website and noticed that they are now selling a low boost turbo kit for 3k, supposed to give gains of about 50bhp, would that be a better option rather than the throttle bodies ?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
lol oh well. At least that shortens the list a bit. Just had a look on the ktec website and noticed that they are now selling a low boost turbo kit for 3k, supposed to give gains of about 50bhp, would that be a better option rather than the throttle bodies ?

Depends what you want really.

ITBs are aweome, Ive heard that the Ktec low boost isnt as impressive as first thought (ive never seen it or been in it)

Clio 172 Cup
FLOL on so many levels, what company is going to say our product is crap?

Go for the OMEX version.......FLOL, GDI/OMEX use the jenvey kit.

what "performance" place does he work in? :rolleyes:

Research LOLz!!!!!!!!

ye, i thought it was a bit strange lol, havent got any specific use for it atm, just want to make it as fast as it can possibly go, obviously there's no point if it doesnt handle though.

Lionel Richie
if you're a track day go'er, throttle bodies every time

if its for showing off to your mates down the pub, turbo

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Turbo's are fine on track as long as the power is at a sensible level. There's another Clio Sport myth dispelled :rolleyes:

To the OP, what about a charger? I hear they demolished everything at FCS?

Ive looked at the at ones.

Only thing i can see wrong, is that your need managment, loom, brackets, pedal assembley etc and for £2600 from Ktec that comes with everything?

Ive only looked at the Ktec website, so not sure how much other companies are compared to this.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Ive looked at the at ones.

Only thing i can see wrong, is that your need managment, loom, brackets, pedal assembley etc and for £2600 from Ktec that comes with everything?

Ive only looked at the Ktec website, so not sure how much other companies are compared to this.

management, loom pedal bracket etc doesnt need to cost £1500.

you could easiely have a kit supplied fitted and mapped for near that money