ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 idle/power problem.

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Hello guys recently purchased a 172 that seems pretty decent, but when i had a race with my mates Golf mk4 1.9 TDI (running 160bhp roughly) I only bet him by about a length now in my eyes the Clio should have smashed him. I am wondering if that is something that is causing the lack of power, I bought the car having sports cat, air induction kit, remap etc but i am wondering maybe something as simple as spark plugs could be the issue for the lack in power when it idle's it does it at about 800/900revs and is lumpy but the timing seems fine and it drives like a treat!

Cheers

Nathan

Iceberg 172
Hello guys recently purchased a 172 that seems pretty decent, but when i had a race with my mates Golf mk4 1.9 TDI (running 160bhp roughly) I only bet him by about a length now in my eyes the Clio should have smashed him. I am wondering if that is something that is causing the lack of power, I bought the car having sports cat, air induction kit, remap etc but i am wondering maybe something as simple as spark plugs could be the issue for the lack in power when it idle's it does it at about 800/900revs and is lumpy but the timing seems fine and it drives like a treat!

Cheers

Nathan

It's a diesel, it has a lot of torque and if it's been remapped then they pull impressive performance. Take him to the twistys though and show him who's boss.