ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 tensioner spring bolt

2003 Clio 172
Hi gang,

Had to replace the upper timing belt cover as the threads were destroyed (main dealer from a while ago i think) and the mount was basically hanging off.

But had a hell of a time removing the tensioner spring bolt (one arrowed in stolen pic below) as it looked like it had been eaten by vice grips. Now I managed to get it off and on but I am not happy with it so was wondering if anyone could let me know if this can be bought from Renault and if you might know a part number? Local dealerships did not want to know :(

Alternatively, if anyone has one about that they could sell, that would be great
aircon.jpg

Cheers
J

dan's cast offs.
you need a shorter belt, can't remember what pulleys fit but there are a few that do the job. think merc one was about the cheapest, just needs a small spacer to line it up.

am sure there is a thread in the guides section.