ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 abs reluctor ring

renault clio 182
I've searched for guides on how too fit this but couldn't find any read many of threads but still kinda stuck..

My car a 54 plate 182 was serviced not so long ago and they guy told me I've got a cracked NSF abs ring which would explain the shuddering brake peddle at low speeds and I've got my mot in nov so will need too replace it I've got the part from dingbro I'm just curious how hard/easy is it too fit n replace this is it some people seem too say nightmare but others piece of cake anyone help or ever made a guide on this?

Thanks

If its the same as my 1.2 and you can get hold of the ring then its not too hard of a job, but I would say you need the right tools.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...cture-Guide-Both-Methods-CV-Joint-Replacement

If you have a look at that guide it will show you what needs to be take off to get to the cv joint which is where the ABS ring seats.

Ive seen recently they are available on ebay (the ABS rings) so you'd need to take the CV joint off, take the ring off, possibly heat and tap the new ring on, then reassemble.

Tools that I would say are needed are a CV clamp pliers and a torque wrench for the hub nut. and probably some molly grease to pack the CV boot.

Edit: most or all of the rings on ebay are for the rear. I might be wrong about just having the rings changed over unless you can find them on there own.

Last edited: