ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 F4R rebuild

Cambelt setting update ….. so I've jumped through the hoops for a third time ….. don't even need to look at the manual now!
it's all so damed close to being perfect …. the final check of slotting the camshaft alignment tool back in place …. well I can get it in with a minimal amount of force … see attached picture showing the very slight mis-alignment ….. so … is it good enough ????

cambelt setting5.jpg

cam tool jig1.jpg OK peeps … thanks for all the tips … not!
if you have the same problem getting that last little bit of adjustment in the cams so that the alignment tool can genuinely slip in/out in the final alignment check ….. i.e. after everything is bolted up and tools removed …. then trying inserting feeler gauges like this ….

Well … would you believe it …… it started first turn of the key …. wheels on and ready to go to the car wash :smile:
Final assembly13.jpg
hmmmm as usual a few spares last over ???? rather curious … wonder what is going to fall off first ???
spare bolts1.jpg

top tips ……
1. put the water pump pulley on BEFORE the crank pulley .. avoids having the check the cam belt timing AGAIN!!!
2. get some help!!! especially fitting the aux belt
3. do not rush it!!!

top tip 4 : use feeler gauges in the cam alignment tool if you just can quite get it set right
top tip 5 : put the lower plastic cam belt cover on after changing the lower pulley but BEFORE putting on the cam belt and crankshaft pulley .. you can thread the cam belt through the cover when in place
top tip 6 : absolutely DO take off the bumper and upper cross member …. it's not hard and makes access so much easier, esp. for aux belt …. you'll easily save the time it takes to do it