ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Non Cup front Shock Options

DV8

Clio 182, Civic EK9
Looking to replace the shocks on my clio 182 non cup. Know I cant use 182 cup shocks but read somewhere that i could use 172 cup shocks...

Is this true and a good idea if possible.

If not wheres the cheapest place to get non cup 182 front shocks.

Thanks, getting well confused :D

You can use 172 cup shocks which most people prefer over non cup
182 shocks.

They are are direct fit as the ph 2 172/172 cup and non cup 182 share the same fitment.

I can dig out a part code for you tonight if that'd be useful. Try Renault Wolverhampton - say you use the forum and they are usually pretty competitive.

Clio Sport 182
Hello guys
I’m driving a 182 NON Cup and I’m thinking to refresh my suspension.
According from the above posts I can borrow the front shocks from the 172 Cup and the rears shocks from the 182 Cup. How much stiffer are comparing the stock Non Cup.
Why is better to use the 182 Cup rear shocks and not the 172 Cup?
It is possible someone to explain to me what is the deal with the coloured dot stickers on the shocks

What about springs? Is it worth to buy Cup springs or I should go straight for Eibach or cooksports

Cayman S, RB 182
I have a 182 non cup, I have 172 cup front and rear shocks with cooksport springs. Fair amount on track use but still not mental on the road.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
IIRC 182 cup and non-cup rear shocks are the same, it's the fronts that differ.

I have bought 172 cup front dampers and 182 cup rear dampers to go with some eibach pro springs for a 182 Non Cup. Will post some impresions once i have them fitted and tried.

Please mate I will appreciate.
Thanks
Ok, so I have fit them, they fit and don´t take too much time fit.

Apart from that, I realised that at the rear I had 1 shock for a 1.2 and one original 90.000 miles 182 non cup. The front ones where the original ones and had also 90000 miles on them. I did laser track the car also when finished fitting. So bearing all this in mind the first impresions are really good, the car feels more planted, it absorbs bumps better too although it is a just bit stiffer. The body roll feels less too.

In my opinion, I don´t think I will be able to feel the difference between new 182 non cup suspension and new 182/172 cup suspension so just go with the cheapest setup. if you are keen on trying these set up go ahead it works fine.

Hope it helps, and if I find any snags I will let you guys know.