ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182

Clio 172
Hi all

I'm new on here, I've joined to get as much info as I can about clio 182's before purchasing one.

I was just wondering what you think of them seeing as quite a few of you on here own one.

I'm interested in purchasing a liquid yellow one, how rare are these?

Are there any common problems or faults?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Gem :D

Black/Gold 182
Liquid yellow is the nicest colour IMO - £1000 option when new IIRC. There are a few problems being french, rattles, some alarm issues, some people have had suspension problems. Prob ok if it still has a warranty

Clio 172
JBarber said:
Liquid yellow is the nicest colour IMO - £1000 option when new IIRC. There are a few problems being french, rattles, some alarm issues, some people have had suspension problems. Prob ok if it still has a warranty

I'm hoping to get an 05 0r 54 model, warranty is 3 years isnt it?

Its a gorgeous colour really stands out.

Can you get Cup Pack for it too? and also what does the cup pack include?

Cheers :)

LY 182
Good choice, yes the warranty is 3 years.

Cup Packs include:

Cup Spoiler
Cup Suspension
Cup Wheels

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
cup spoiler pack is front bumper splitter, and enlarged rear roof spoiler.
Cup suspension is lower suspension, and anthracite wheels.
Warranty is 3 years, as is aa cover. (providing its a uk car or a parrallel import.)

Clio 172
Cant tell the difference with the splitter, spoiler is rather nice though. Loving the pics of the yellow 182.

It comes with leather seat doesnt it?

Anyone know the difference between a trophy and 182 0-60 wise?

Black/Gold 182
half-leather interior.

182 and trophy have the same engine but trophy (and cup) are lighter. Official figures say 0-62 is 7.1 sec for 182 vs 6.9 sec for cup. 0.2 sec is too close to make much of a difference.

Evo magazine has recorded 6.6 sec for the 182 0-60 and 6.5 for cup & trophy in independent tests.

I didn't want the cup because of jobby interior. Full fat 182 adds 1/2 leather, xenons, climate, better CD, more airbags, split folder rear seat + some other bits I think

I went for full fat 182 + cup suspension pack (includes anthracite alloys). Didn't want the spoiler pack.

Clio 172
Does the yellow only come as a 182, not cup or trophy?

I will be wanting the cup pack with the alloys and suspension, not sure about the spoiler though.

Are these easy to pick up? Havent saw many for sale when I've searched on the net. Were the yellow ones limited editions or made to order?

Black/Gold 182
think the liquid yellow is 182 only. Cups were a sort of tangerine colour or blue, and I think all trophy's are red.

Not many about due to the fact yellow was an extra £1K on the price (that's why I didn't bother + I thought it might stick out a bit to yobs who'd key it).

Clio 172
JBarber said:
think the liquid yellow is 182 only. Cups were a sort of tangerine colour or blue, and I think all trophy's are red.

Not many about due to the fact yellow was an extra £1K on the price (that's why I didn't bother + I thought it might stick out a bit to yobs who'd key it).

as I will be buying it second hand it shouldnt matter too much about it costing a grand extra as they depreciate the same I would say.

Not many yobs round my way fortunately, its supermarket dings I'm bothered about cos the paint will be expensive :(

Black/Gold 182
Indeed, but I meant there are less about to buy second hand because there were less sold new (I imagine).

Lee

BMW M2C
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Not bad pics Monsieur Mather!

Cheers chief. Just wait till I learn how to use my fancy new camera. lol

And you should see the ones we took when we got back home.;)

K9 EVV
hay gem nice to see you thinking about a clio.. good choice. if you get one you will have to let me have a go....

106 GTi
Liquid yellow is a fantastic colour - really suits the car, considered it myself. Hope you find a nice one.

Im on my second renaultsport, had a phase 2 02plate 172 and now on a 182 and touch wood they've both been good as gold. You get the odd problems with cars no matter what the manufacturer.