ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 + Alpine x305s

172 Cup, Clio 197
So i passed my beloved 172 cup to my wife and bought a 197, first impressions i love it, not as raw as the 172 but i love the extra head room when pushing it hard. anyway, back to subject =pHaving had a full set of JBL speakers and pioneer HU in the cup, going to the standard set up in the 197 has been horrible. Ive just ordered the Alpine HU mentioned above with a pair of JBL 16.5cm components for the front. Ive also ordered the megane II fascia adapter. Now im sure when i installed the pioneer into the Cup i needed an iso wiring adapter of some sort, but i cant for the life of me figure out if i need one for the above combo. I think i need the CTSRN005 + alpine patch lead for the steering stalk, ill get that later, just wondering about the iso adapter, any ideas?

Don't think you should need the ISO adaptor, mine just went straight in. Would be interested to know how you fit the bigger speakers in the front, especially if you've got some pics too

172 Cup, Clio 197
hmm well thats gonna be interesting, id read somewhere that i needed 16.5cm for the front when its actually 13 cm i need, gonna be interesting as the company i got them from are reluctant to change em

I think they wont fit straight off in the oem holes but if you don't mind doing a bit of hacking of the door card, getting rid of the speaker mount and just mount them directly to the door with a mounting ring they should fit easy-ish.