ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 200 RS Pearl White, Cup Pack.

Clio 200
Just thought I'd start a mini build here.
Picked up a lovely 1 owner from new 2011 Clio Sport 200 with cup pack.
Only 33k miles and in pearl white, I'm told 1 of 46 made?
Will post up some pics shortly.

Got a few questions.
What Mats did they come with as standard?
What aftermarket Stereos do people fit in these?
Induction kits on these, K Tec I see do one, are they worth doing or create too much heat soak?

I've come from the VAG world and still have my PVW featured MK4 Anniversary edition so I'm hoping things don't get out of hand like that one!

Jason

Clio 200
27620665323_78202af551_b.jpg
Untitled by -JasonB-, on Flickr
27955538570_ca5ab91f24_z.jpg
by -JasonB-, on Flickr

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_09992_zps7b1ecda7.jpg
27620665323_78202af551_b.jpg
Untitled by -JasonB-, on Flickr
27955538570_ca5ab91f24_z.jpg
by -JasonB-, on Flickr
They come with renaultsport black with silver edgeing mats, when i had one the stereo was fitted in and i had a piper panel filter, the induction kit will do nothing but make a noise and is a waste of money imo, the cup spoiler gives it a more racey look and is worth adding like on my old nimbus above hv11kvx. love the roof jason.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Get it lowered and spacers with a nice cat back exhaust and it'll be perfect

Clio 200
Been looking at some H&R springs, do they lower it much? What spacer size would you recommend?
Heard with a cat back you need to adjust the map the suit?

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I had H&R lowering springs at 30mm, makes the car look much meaner and reduces the arch gap! Spacers varies to taste, I personally had 20mm looks right on them.

Yeah if you go for an exhaust you will get a small flat spot on full load, I lived with the flat spot if I'm honest it's not as bad as people make out.

GTD, Lupo
Good to see you got it!

As for lowering it a little H&Rs are you best bet as they give a 30mm all round drop. If you go for the eibachs they do 20-25. Here is a picture of mine with the H&Rs fitted.

DSC_0451_zps05f9de9d.jpg

And a link to larkspeed who seem to be the best company for ordering through. Just make sure you order the correct year as the strut top mounts changed in 2010 to a smaller size.

http://www.larkspeed.com/category/view/HRSPRINGREN

The only other really options from Renault for mats are the silverstone ones which were rubberised but I preferred them to the standard Renault sport mats.

DSC_0185.jpg

Keep us updated.

Clio 200
Thanks for the reply, loving it so far. How do you find the H&R's? Do they make the ride more harsh and still enough clearance for speed bumps etc?
With the Silverstone mats, where can you get those from?
Thanks,

GTD, Lupo
Thanks for the reply, loving it so far. How do you find the H&R's? Do they make the ride more harsh and still enough clearance for speed bumps etc?
With the Silverstone mats, where can you get those from?
Thanks,

Its been a while since i had my 200, i have made the opposite move to you and have gone back to VAG, but from what i can remember the ride was almost identical to the cup springs maybe even a little bit more forgiving and clearance was no issue at all. I was running 25mm spacers all round for for about 4 months and then went for a wider wheel and still had no scrubbing.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Been looking at some H&R springs, do they lower it much? What spacer size would you recommend?
Heard with a cat back you need to adjust the map the suit?

Mine on 30/40 springs ( that's 30-40mm), no spacers and 225 width tyres.

image.jpeg

Could do with 20 or 25mm spacers.

'Cheap' exhausts do give a noticeable flat spot. Mine came with a shitty exhaust and @Euan94 can tell you how bad it is. The car barely went anywhere when launching onto Blyton lol

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
It's difficult to compare but @Knuckles wasnt exactly sprightly off the line, I certainly notice it less with my Akrapovic.

Thank god for previous owners! I wouldn't want to stomach the price of one.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I went for the H&R 30/30mm springs on mine, with KTEC 19mm hub-centric spacers. Had the combination on for just over a couple of weeks and it's been fine, the ride is ever-so-slightly firmer but nothing significant, I'm just a bit more wary with road surfaces and bumps.
I took the top picture purely to show the spacer poke.
20160703_191534.jpg
20160703_191434.jpg
20160702_110102.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's difficult to compare but @Knuckles wasnt exactly sprightly off the line, I certainly notice it less with my Akrapovic.

Thank god for previous owners! I wouldn't want to stomach the price of one.

Akras are meant to be the only exhaust that doesn't give a flatspot to my knowledge.

I'd say you were being tame with that description lol. My foot was flat to the floor and the car was going nowhere lol

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Well if you can stomach the cost I would reccomend and Akrapovic as i love mine and there isn't an intrusive flat spot when driving.

Invoice for purchase and fitting that is in my cars history is £1200 though. Crazy money really

Clio 200
Thanks for all the replies, some really helpful bits there.
Going to leave the stereo for now, need to order up some mats can you get hold of the silverstone mats?

Clio 200
So I've de-badged the rear now, just taken "Clio" off.
New Renaultsport OEM mats on their way, probably going to go for some H&R 30/30 springs too.
What spacer size do you recommend to run? I've seen 19 above they look pretty good.

Other than that anything else mod wise that's worth doing? Thinking of dewipering the rear possibly and perhaps one day some projector headlights would be a good move.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I like my 19mm spacers but if I could go back I'd probably have 19mm on the rear (or around-abouts) and have smaller spacers on the front, as I don't think the front wheels need spacing out as much (the rear wheels can get lost in the arches after lowering somewhat).
Car looks spot on mate, a slight drop would be great, if I were you I'd consider a wing possibly, it's my next step. I didn't realise how much it needed one until I saw a few at CSF, that's my recommendation :up:.

Clio 200
I like my 19mm spacers but if I could go back I'd probably have 19mm on the rear (or around-abouts) and have smaller spacers on the front, as I don't think the front wheels need spacing out as much (the rear wheels can get lost in the arches after lowering somewhat).
Car looks spot on mate, a slight drop would be great, if I were you I'd consider a wing possibly, it's my next step. I didn't realise how much it needed one until I saw a few at CSF, that's my recommendation :up:.

Thanks for that, I'm thinking of going the H&R 30/30 route. And some spacers I think, What would you recommend? 19 rear 10 front possibly?
The wings I've been looking at too, not keen on the cup one though is there any more subtle ones?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Not sure to be honest, I've only done 19/19mm spacers so you'd have to have a poke around and search for some examples and threads.
Regarding the wing, the main two options are the cup wing and the sprint lip spoiler, seen here:
5934DCDA-91D7-44BA-8E77-E4A93D1B689B-1247-000000953F7579F1_zpsb3270e97.jpg

I much prefer it over the cup wing personally.

Last edited:
  Trophy S1 106 Rallye
It's one of 17 Pearl White ones produced. 46 PW shipped to the UK in total. 17 with a Black Roof. 32 had Cup suspension. 26 Black Speedline's. Eight with the Carbon Pack interior. Two with a Sunroof. Five with SatNav. 11 with the Cup Spoiler. Six with the RS Monitor. 18 with Recaro's. Three with no options. Zero with White Speedline's.

Could be more unique than 17 if the RS Monitor or Carbon Pack are fitted. Mine is one of six as it has the RS Monitor fitted.

I got original mats (RS with silver piping) and other bits like a luggage net, ashtray/coin holder, RS steering wheel insert from Wolverhampton Renault. The matts were approx £30, much cheaper than £50 from eBay.

Looks like someone has also fitted black centre caps on the Speedline's for you, or sprayed the grey ones that come as standard, black for you. Handy.

Good to see yours also has multi coloured panels. The paint work is shocking on most PW 200's. They're like harlequin cars. Going from white to nicotine yellow. The match from the rear bumper to rear quarters is the worst.

Have fun with it.

Clio 200
It's one of 17 Pearl White ones produced. 46 PW shipped to the UK in total. 17 with a Black Roof. 32 had Cup suspension. 26 Black Speedline's. Eight with the Carbon Pack interior. Two with a Sunroof. Five with SatNav. 11 with the Cup Spoiler. Six with the RS Monitor. 18 with Recaro's. Three with no options. Zero with White Speedline's.

Could be more unique than 17 if the RS Monitor or Carbon Pack are fitted. Mine is one of six as it has the RS Monitor fitted.

I got original mats (RS with silver piping) and other bits like a luggage net, ashtray/coin holder, RS steering wheel insert from Wolverhampton Renault. The matts were approx £30, much cheaper than £50 from eBay.

Looks like someone has also fitted black centre caps on the Speedline's for you, or sprayed the grey ones that come as standard, black for you. Handy.

Good to see yours also has multi coloured panels. The paint work is shocking on most PW 200's. They're like harlequin cars. Going from white to nicotine yellow. The match from the rear bumper to rear quarters is the worst.

Have fun with it.

Thanks for that info really helpful, this one had the wheels re-done prior to purchasing the car. It has the black roof but no carbon pack or RS Monitor but does have the full cup pack including chassis suspension and Recaros etc. Really happy with it so far.
Paint match on this one doesnt seem to bad at all, all I've done so far is purchase RS mats, new gel resin plain plates and debadged Clio off the rear.
Tracking seems to be out at the moment, hoping it isnt anything too major other than needing a re-track!

Clio 200
Owned the Clio a little while now and really enjoying it, looking to do a few things pretty soon.
Exhaust wise is the Akra the only way to go? I've been looking at a scorpion cat back also they seem incredibly cheap but sound nicely, anyone else running one?

Clio 200
Going to be putting this up for sale very soon, had a lot spent on it of late all belts done incl dephaser. recent MOT and service too.
With the spec I'm thinking 8250 am I asking too much?
It's had a scorpion cat back non res H&R 30mm all round and some other goodies too.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Just thought I'd update this as I'm now the proud owner of this car! Hope the OP doesn't mind? I've now added a Cup spoiler and some wind deflectors. I've also retro fitted the RS monitor and changed the gear knob.

Would be interested to know if the OP is still around?
image.jpeg