ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 seems to have more power with the traction on

Clio 200
Had my car mapped a while back with exhaust (189bhp) but hated the exhaust so stuck it back to standard after a week. Now i know that its gonna run better with the system but it seems even slower now than when it was totally standard. The car also seems to drive better and pull harder with the traction control on as if its not mapped on the "traction control off" setting

Any ideas?? I'm thinking of going somewhere else and getting mapped again

Thanks

Clio 200
Not going to mention any names as it ran pretty well with the exhaust and this thread is not about stirring it up. Took the exhaust off because it was awlful (maybe im getting old and should go back to M3's ) I don't mind loud but can't handle drone and general annoyance.

Anyway, i was under the impression that mapping gave the car 10bhp (so the main chunk of power) and then if you get a system you get a further 5bhp. I would say that the mapping has infact added next to nothing and it was the exhaust giving the power. Maybe i just need to get it mapped again for the standard system but i have been advised that's not needed

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You aint getting 15bhp from a remap and exhaust. I'd say you probably need it remapping again. Think the likes of RS tuning in Leeds will remap for reduced rate if you have one of their maps originally?

Also wonder if this goes back to the mk3's leaning the maps out over time.

Clio 200
The power run says 174bhp before 189.5bhp after

On another note am i the only one that thinks these cars are slow. Ever since i got it, it never felt like a 200bhp small car. I know dyno's vary and all that but does this engine ever make what Renault claim!

Nissan 350z
Scott if your car was mapped with an aftermarket exhaust and you have now removed the exhaust, your map will now be incorrect. I run my car on Super (probably placebo) but i wouldnt say it feels any less powerful than my 172. Its probably roughly the same power to weight ratio anyway.

260% JCW
The power run says 174bhp before 189.5bhp after

On another note am i the only one that thinks these cars are slow. Ever since i got it, it never felt like a 200bhp small car. I know dyno's vary and all that but does this engine ever make what Renault claim!

They get better with age, hence why i wouldn't buy a new one. After removing the exhaust the map surely the map would need re-doing?

Only 174 bhp before, thats shocking TBH.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You aint getting 15bhp from a remap and exhaust. I'd say you probably need it remapping again. Think the likes of RS tuning in Leeds will remap for reduced rate if you have one of their maps originally?

Also wonder if this goes back to the mk3's leaning the maps out over time.

they cant lose their maps unless the are re mapped again. fact

Clio 200
Scott if your car was mapped with an aftermarket exhaust and you have now removed the exhaust, your map will now be incorrect. I run my car on Super (probably placebo) but i wouldnt say it feels any less powerful than my 172. Its probably roughly the same power to weight ratio anyway.

Was told it would'nt need mapping again. These maps are only tweaks, its not as though we are mapping race engines. I would think that lamda wil pick up any differences in exhaust.

Re: the 174bhp. Was told thats what they all make give or take, maybe the dyno has conservative figures, hence my asking if anyone has ever got 200bhp

Thinking of putting my bike engine in it :D because thats got a proven 200bhp at the rear wheel so about 210 at the crank :D

260% JCW
they cant lose their maps unless the are re mapped again. fact

Love all the FACT CRAP!

He was on about the fact the car was mapped with a uprated exhaust ect and now the standard items back on. So possibly need a remap.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Love all the FACT CRAP!

He was on about the fact the car was mapped with a uprated exhaust ect and now the standard items back on. So possibly need a remap.

no he wasnt, he was on about 200s losing their maps over time. after certain problems we have had in the past with some ECUs we asked wayne at chip wizards, paul at RS tuning and chris at BHP tuner the exact same question;

"is it possible for ECUs to lose their maps over time?"

the answer we got from all 3;

"its impossible unless the new map is mapped over, they can not revert back to the standard map once re mapped"

hence why it is FACT

Nissan 350z
i was under the impression the ECU has a number of different maps it uses depending on what variables it is recieving from the sensors. IE if its not up to oil temp it uses a different map than say, the map it uses once the car is warmed up. Its a vague example i know but this is what i had read based on people saying the maps (at least to begin with) on the 200 werent permanent?