ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Racer Roof Scoop fitted

Radical SR3
After clocking 43 degrees the other week in the track car...I decided a roof scoop would be a good place to start!

I decided on a cup racer style scoop from Chris @ CMComposites. Never used Chris before but will be using him again, good price, rapid delivery and the scoop is perfect. Cheers Chris.

I had a can of Mondial Blue in the garage so I sprayed it up before I fitted it. I made the hole with aviator snips and then straightened the edges with a clamp before sealing the exposed edges and fitting up. All just in time for Brands on Thursday.

test fitted
nc1ev4.jpg

no turning back now!
ibkvm8.jpg

2mflk3q.jpg

sprayed blue
fef902.jpg

all smoothed out
f5jeu.jpg

job done
34fxlc3.jpg

2ypmc1w.jpg

2ahsb6f.jpg

Radical SR3
Thanks guys. Check out Chris' s website Tony, Cmcomposites.co.uk price is on there..thats how I ordered it.

Rear spoiler is a ph1 combat wing?? Bought it in the pursuit of weight saving. The whole thing only weighs 1.2kg iirc.

Looking good fella, I fitted my one yesterday too. However I drilled 6 x 48mm holes.

Are you going to fit a drain tube? I have seen the rain blank that fits to the front, will have to find the link.

Radical SR3
Evening!

Not bothering with a drain tube. Used to have one on my escos roof vent and it never drew water in..this scoop is even less likely to imo.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
They do let a small amount of water in but nothing major. I followed a truck that was kicking up spray and you got the odd spot every now and then. I didn't have a speckled face or clothing either! Lol!
Fitting one of these was by far, THE best mod I've made to my cup.

220 Trophy
Looks great that and now on my shopping list as have needed one for a while. Quick question - one of the photos has the vent bolted to the underside of the roof, how does the scoop then fix to the roof?

Radical SR3
Ordering one from Chris in white along with a pair of the cup brake ducts in white too as soon as I get some funds together. Quality looks amazing!

Yeah the fitment/finish is spot on. I'm going to order some of the brake ducts (with deflectors) in the next few weeks.

Radical SR3
Looks great that and now on my shopping list as have needed one for a while. Quick question - one of the photos has the vent bolted to the underside of the roof, how does the scoop then fix to the roof?

I just bolted the inside section to the roof to keep any crap from falling through into the cabin. The scoop comes with 4 bolts and washers. The scoop has 4 nuts mounted into the base so you just mount the inside section and run the bolts through to the scoop and tighten...couldn't be simpler.

Radical SR3
Seen those before (whilst hunting for mirrors).

The roof scoop isn't the same, unless Im looking in the wrong place. The Cup racer items have an exit at the back so the air is accelerated when it enters the scoop for better flow to cabin but then less chance of drag as it has somewhere to go outside the car :)

220 Trophy
I just bolted the inside section to the roof to keep any crap from falling through into the cabin. The scoop comes with 4 bolts and washers. The scoop has 4 nuts mounted into the base so you just mount the inside section and run the bolts through to the scoop and tighten...couldn't be simpler.

​Thanks.

182 / 370Z/ 320
Cheers that would be perfect ! Can you email it or does it need to be sent over. Will cover all costs and a beer !

Ady

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could have retrofitted aircon for the same money. Flol.

Certainly looks very in your face when they have these fitted, hope its quick enough to live upto that :)

Radical SR3
Tony, I used some generic sealant (car variety).

The best way to fit it, is to use a hole punch (that thing that marks points to stop the drill bit slipping) with the inside part on the roof, then just draw round it with a marker to get the outline, then draw a reduced outline and get cutting.

I can happily report that during the evening stint at Brands in the baking sun, the vent did an excellent job of keeping the cabin bearable!

Nice to meet you last night mate. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come back for a passenger lap. The evening was really busy and tight for track time wasn't it.

Good fun though. More like an action day than a track day though!! I am surprised there weren't any collisions.

Radical SR3
Nice to meet you last night mate. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come back for a passenger lap. The evening was really busy and tight for track time wasn't it.

Good fun though. More like an action day than a track day though!! I am surprised there weren't any collisions.

Likewise, it was good to see so many Clios there..I didn't see many on track though sadly when I went out.

I've got some pics and vids I'll post on the other thread in the Trackday/Driving section.