ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI 100 not starting.. HELP

BG DCI
Hi Guys,

Had a little search but couldn't find anything really linked to my problem. Got home after a 10 mile drive and admittedly didn't have much fuel as I was running on the light for a while but had no issue with lack of fuel. Got home and parked up (pulled the handbrake up and the rear left cable snapped. Typical when one problem occurs another appears as well).

Went inside and about 10 minutes later went out start the car again. Car turned over fine but just wouldn't start. Though at first FUEL... went to my local and got 5 litres and topped it all up.. Still nothing has changed, turns over but wont start.

​Bar going to the garage in the morning which is inconvenient because of work anyone got any ideas to try and diagnose what it could be...

Thanks alot

Liam.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
look at the fuel lines in the engine bay whats happening? full of bubbles? you will occasionally see some.

there should be a primer down beside the fuel filter on the opposite side of the battery tray from the battery, pump that a few times then turn it over, might take 10-20 seconds turning over to start after that for the first time

BG DCI
So this was fixed my the old AA man.

Came round and said as I expected that is was low fuel and itt had sucked up some sh*t into the engine from the bottom of the tank.

He had to lift the injectors up a little and turn it over a few times, before tightening them up again and spraying upholstery cleaner direct into the air intake as he started her up and VROOOMMM there she went...

First brake down in the 2 weeks of ownership but heres to filling up sooner and trouble free motoring.

Thanks

​Liam.