ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio idles too low and keeps stalling any help

Clio 1.4 1999
well as above on tuesday i came to start my car as i was going to stay in my brother's. I packed my up clio and started it , i moved off and stall.I started it up again and stall, did the same thing again and again. I ended up keeping accelerating it to reverse back home. I came to start it today and it was idling fine moved off and it was fine got a few hundred yard and it was idling to low so i thought not to risk it and went around the block, and it stalled again. :banghead:
Any help would be appreciated
cheers Al

slow 172 rep
when you turn it on, does it bounce up and down loads? does it just happen when your slowing down to turn the corner or just at any point? does a light on the dash that look like a coil come on?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
so does it cut out?? or is it simply that the idle is too low??
if the idles too low, it should barely affect you driving somewhere, just means you have to rev it in traffic,

try giving the throttlebody a good clean,
and perhaps change the idle control valve??

slow 172 rep
Yea, this happened to me if its the same thing, i had to clean the throttlebody. such a pain to get to it on mine

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Similar-ish problems i had with mine. Replaced a few dif things but it ended up being an icv which i bought off renault

Dan

BMW E36 328
Coil pack? Quite common, mine is doing the same and it wont start now just need to go and pick it up

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sorry for the late reply. ICV is the idle control valve. Very common on my car. Unsure if its as common on your model though

Dan