ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Maxi Rallycar (cliorod)

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g
just posting pics on behalf of rod, very tidy car, when u lending me it mate???? Obviously when its finished...lol

Maxi5.gif

Maxi4.gif

Maxi3.gif

Maxi2.gif

Maxi1.gif

Williams2,Willy rall
Many thanks to Bayliss for posting the pics ~~ great guy :D .
Been building the car for ages,Got 17" & 16"Speedline comp wheels,on either Michelin or Kuhmo moulded Slicks.Motordrive "hybrid" seats,Sabelt 6 point harnesses,Renault Sport Grp "A" front struts and springs ~~ adjustable ride height,Grp "A" rear beam,with Renault Sport Torsion bars,Brakes are from a Hyundai WRC car,325mm Discs with Alcon 4 pot calipers,titanium pistons ~~ got a local enineering shop to make up some brackets,and mounting bells, Biased pedal box,"Fuelsafe" bag tank mounted in the car,in an Ally box,"Rollcentre" Racing fully welded integral Roll cage,Engine is a rebuilt Williams,with Kent Billet cams,using solid lifters,and titanium valve caps,with Webcon gold Throttle bodies,std head at the present,pushes out 207bhp at the Flywheel on an engine dyno.Gearbox has a 5 speed close ratio "avanti" gear kit with a 4:9 ZF plated LSD.allbits inside done with carbon fibre,dash has been flocked,doorcards awaiting Kevlar on Grp to make.Looking for a Grp Bonnet and boot ~ although I aint been looking to serious yet ~~ any help for a lightweight boot would be appreciated.
Anyone wants any help,with a competition car build ~~ I been in rallying for over 25years ~~ I am a well old b**ger ,:eek: ~~ aren't I bayliss.
Got another rally car I bought from Ireland plus a load of bits,just get in touch if your stuck for anything
First event is a local rally at Weeton Barracks on April 2nd

Last edited:
J

jamesy

dribble dribble im feeling that for sure love the super wide arches thats gonna be an animal:cool:

Williams2,Willy rall
fUbAr ~~ To compete on stage rallies,the car has to have a minimum of a valid MOT:eek: , for single venues ~~ Anglesey,and other airfield venues etc.For events using the public highway ~~ same rules taxed 'n' tested and insurance :dapprove: :dapprove: ~~ plus insurance ~~ a minimum of third party,that indemnifies your own policy " for speed ,racing/pacmaking I think it is worded" on normal policies.Usually costs about £35 per event.
It will have to be inspected by an MSA ( Motor sports Association) scrutineer,to ensure it complies with all the regulations ~~ FIA approved seat belts,fire extinguishers etc etc,who will then issue a "competition car log ~ book".At every event it is rechecked ~~ just like any other form of Motorsport.
Yep ~~even the hydraulic handbrake is legal ~~ still got and uses the original cables etc.:rasp: :rasp:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
GuyS said:
you got similar windows and the same amount of interior, so your nearly there.. lol

aye the t/b's, cams, cage, fuel cell, stack dash and brakes would be nice though lol