ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk2 engine swap help

renault clio mk2
Hi guys I own a clio mk2 1.4L 8v. I wish to upgrade to a bigger engine (more power) I don't have insurance problems in my country and renault engines are cheap here. Please give me ur opinion about the best engine to transplant in my car with the least work required.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi guys I own a clio mk2 1.4L 8v. I wish to upgrade to a bigger engine (more power) I don't have insurance problems in my country and renault engines are cheap here. Please give me ur opinion about the best engine to transplant in my car with the least work required.
2.0l 1*2 engine but easier to just buy the car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You'll need a 172/182 engine.

And gearbox, clutch, driveshafts, hubs, shocks, springs, subframe, discs, pads calipers, ARB, ecu, UCH, dash clocks, all the relevant loom.... Plus if you want rear discs you'll need the rear beam and all the brakes.

Or just buy a 172 for £1500.

I know what I'd rather do!